Back in the game :)

mariesnowgoose

OK, here goes with some pics! No surprise to anyone who knows us that we've decided to go for something we know a little bit about already, so this is very much a case of the devil we know.

Just need to sort insurance & tax before we go back to pick it up next Saturday.

It's an Autosleeper Executive, much younger than our other old Autosleeper and a little bit bigger - also in way better nick!!!
I have been getting increasingly impatient about not having a van and it means we are now back on the road with no steep learning curve of a completely different type of van to get our heads around.

It's a good little van and is just what it is. All original, never been mucked about with. Very genuine sellers, well looked after and - amazingly! - has all the original manuals. Was a good price too. I was quick off the mark this time. There was no mention anywhere in the advert that it was an Autosleeper and so we somehow managed to be the first to view.

Will definitely keep us going until a nice Autosleeper Mirage maybe pops up in future. The Mirage was my top-of-the-list replacement choice, but unfortunately I missed 2 very good ones that came up for sale last year - they sold almost immediately and, sadly, I couldn't act fast at the time.

... and after that typically long-winded pre-amble from the Waffly Goose, here she is...! 😉

AutoSleeper-01.jpg

AutoSleeper-02.jpg

AutoSleeper-03.jpg

AutoSleeper-04.jpg

AutoSleeper-05.jpg

AutoSleeper-06.jpg

AutoSleeper-07.jpg

I'm sorry, Marie..
I misread the thread title as.. " Back ON the game ".
Photos bring back sweet memories.
Our first van was a similar Amythist.. A Real Quality van.. They were known as, Plush Palaces ".
Alas ours was without a turbo.. Autosleeper hadn't noticed, neither has its first owner. It had only done 4000 miles in 3 years.
At 15 miles per gallon, we called it Ammy thirst.
A post fitted turbo did the job, paid by the dealer, who never checked under the bonnet.
We full timed in it for 5 years then halftimed for another 2.
They don't make 'em like that anymore.
We wish you great adventures with it.

OK, here goes with some pics! No surprise to anyone who knows us that we've decided to go for something we know a little bit about already, so this is very much a case of the devil we know.

Just need to sort insurance & tax before we go back to pick it up next Saturday.

It's an Autosleeper Executive, much younger than our other old Autosleeper and a little bit bigger - also in way better nick!!!
I have been getting increasingly impatient about not having a van and it means we are now back on the road with no steep learning curve of a completely different type of van to get our heads around.

It's a good little van and is just what it is. All original, never been mucked about with. Very genuine sellers, well looked after and - amazingly! - has all the original manuals. Was a good price too. I was quick off the mark this time. There was no mention anywhere in the advert that it was an Autosleeper and so we somehow managed to be the first to view.

Will definitely keep us going until a nice Autosleeper Mirage maybe pops up in future. The Mirage was my top-of-the-list replacement choice, but unfortunately I missed 2 very good ones that came up for sale last year - they sold almost immediately and, sadly, I couldn't act fast at the time.

... and after that typically long-winded pre-amble from the Waffly Goose, here she is...! 😉

View attachment 52488

View attachment 52489

View attachment 52490

View attachment 52491

View attachment 52492

View attachment 52493

View attachment 52494
I still think that the dash is the best one ever to grace a Sevel. It is also when Auto Sleeper were still putting quality in their build. (y)

Nice to see you mobile again. Looks a lot posher than your old bus.
Cheers, Jim & Carol.

That wouldn't have been too difficult now would it?!! ;)🤣😁

Yes, it is in good original nick and nothing mucked about with. It's got luxuries like fly screens and pull down window blinds!! 😲 😂

One small but nice feature is the hand brake, which is on the right hand side of the driver's seat instead of in the middle of the gangway, so you're not shuffling round it when moving between cab and habitation. The front seats swivel too, unlike our old van.

The bench seats are really solid, comfy and thick and, although the blue upholstery colour is far from my favourite, the fabric is extremely good quality and there is no sign of wear and tear. They make two good length single beds or one large double.

Anyway, as I've never been a fashionista I couldn't care less if the seats were covered in sky blue pink with purple dots on, as long as it does the job, which is certainly does. Nowt a couple of nice throws can't cover up if need be.

The 4 ring hob is a step up from the 2 ring in the old autosleeper, and I quite like the kitchen sink and sunken drainer with wooden chopping board; that will clean up great and I'll treat it with mineral oil when I'm done.

Can't wait to get it home and start checking and cleaning everything. Neil is tasked with getting on the roof and giving her a good scrub top to bottom, a job I have always undertaken but would struggle to do just at the minute.

There is no sign of rust, the sills are in very good nick and the engine seems to run fine.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed, Marie. It looks to be in remarkably good condition for a Moho that's perhaps 20 years old.
I wish you lots of joy and happiness in your new home on wheels.

Colin :):):)

Sorry, just caught this thread, Who's back on the game ????

So when the first run out in it Marie ?

Well, if not before - hopefully we will get away in it soon just for a night or two, even if not far away - then I'm planning on the International Campervan Show in Stratford, 25-26th April.

Of course, I've heard there is a handy little 'aire' somewhere over in that place where the Mackems live...? ;) 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back