BARCELONA ESCAPE!

Rapido9

Have to escape the present weather, so depressing! Planning to get down to Barcelona soonest. I would be very grateful if anyone on the forum can suggest a suitable route for me. The perfect route would include mostly toll free motorways, I would be happy to pay some tolls around towns or where doing so would save time / mileage. A detailed route would be most welcome! I have tried Viamichelin but with the toll free option applied it only give me a route of ‘D’ roads only which is not what I need. The info could be useful to lots of newbies.
Many thanks in advance.

Try Out and About. The Long Road South.
It's the route I've used for the last few years, and will again in February.

it doesn't pay to be absolute on this in a lot of cases you can pay for a small section that makes economic sense , i would never stop overnight on an aire on a free ! motorway but on a peage it’s not a problem, my major consideration is where is the sun ??? that decides my route

For Barcelona we would go from Dieppe down to A71 and A75.
You will need snow tyres or chains as the A75 goes through the Central Massif.
I understand they keep it clear a a major route from France to Spain and it's toll free.
But I agree that if tolls are the best route................. just pay up.
There is a well known Tonkas Western route on another website with the initials MHF..... no not that one......... the other one:)

For Barcelona we would go from Dieppe down to A71 and A75.
You will need snow tyres or chains as the A75 goes through the Central Massif.
I understand they keep it clear a a major route from France to Spain and it's toll free.
But I agree that if tolls are the best route................. just pay up.
There is a well known Tonkas Western route on another website with the initials MHF..... no not that one......... the other one:)
A75 always (?) kept clear and , as you say , toll free .
Imo often a false economy avoiding tolls especially when making a beeline for a specific destination

We did the route that Webby describes in December 2023
Peage Tolls totalled €109.10/£93.80

Steve

Sssshhhh keep it quiet !

I think it my be dry so far this morning,
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
I’ll take my brolly ☂️ just in case I’m wrong
We normally do the A75 free motorway and I love the variety of road verses scenery from really high blizzard swept mountains to river valleys and then the millau bridge well worth the toll payment ,
This year we’ve done the A10 N10 route and it’s the difference between a strong Stilton and a plain tescos cheap cheese ! So next time I’ll be headin down the dramatic A75

So many people write about going down the Western route............... I'm happy to hear that there are other who prefer the A75 route.
Always worry a bit when travelling that way in Winter and I just have to remember that sometimes a Stiton can have too strong a bite.

We are happy to pay tolls and have found travelling through the countryside with continual roundabouts and speed limit changes to be very tiring.Yes there are some lovely villages..............with people walking out in front of you and cars pulling out,some even insisting that they have right of way.

Whereas onto the toll road open up a can of beer and put my feet up.

Raining in Barcelona all day today. My wife did not want to do the 2 night Santander ferry so we took the west of France route, tolls just over £100. Last year we used ferry to Santander and travelled through Spain through Zaragoza with very little tolls.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back