Battery Charger

It will certainly do what you want it to, I use an Aldi smart charger to do the same thing, only £15 but I am tight, still cheaper than a new battery which I had to buy in 2011 after leaving my car too long

• Thank You
Reactions: Lee
The disadvantage of most Smart chargers is a power failure when this happens all I have seen turn off when power is restored they need to be turned back on manually. A 13a type battery maintainer would be best.

Alf.
Good point Alf, but my neighbour looks after everything while I am away so not needed for me, hedges cut, grass mowed, any weeding that needs doing etc., just trying to get him to do it while I am at home, lazy *******:mad:

I wondered about an Aldi charger but there is never one when you want it and this one is only a tenner more.

The disadvantage of most Smart chargers is a power failure when this happens all I have seen turn off when power is restored they need to be turned back on manually. A 13a type battery maintainer would be best.

Alf.

Good point can you explain the 13a type battery maintainer more please.

Thanks Alf that looks just the job, it didn't occur to me that the intelligent one would turn off if there was a power cut, which would be very disappointing when i got back too a flat battery.

My Ctek turns off in a power cut and needs resetting the same with the cheaper Aldi smart charger.

Alf

My Ctek just turns back on if I ever turn off the ehu then turn it back on when at home. It’s memory also remembers the mode it was on.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back