Battery charger

Exwindsurfer

Explorer 7 stage battery charger for sale its a 40 amp charger it does lithium gel AGM and wet I payed £156 for it I'll take £75 I really don't know why I bought it as I've never needed a mains charger I only ever had solar and engine charging.20230616_171033.jpg20230616_171026.jpg

About 8/10 weeks in winter if not using a van the solar wont do much, a cheap 5 stage charger can be got for £20, but yours and numax etc do cost a lot and are prob much better quality.

About 8/10 weeks in winter if not using a van the solar wont do much,
Really depends what you have in terms of Solar Panels and Batteries. I have now 400W on Roof and 160W inside front window of Bus and am just managing to add maybe 1% charge to 400AH Lithium battery daily in the current awful climate in South of England with bus parked up. I reckon if I was North of England I would be losing power as there is some draw in the Van parked up from monitors and security device etc

Really depends what you have in terms of Solar Panels and Batteries. I have now 400W on Roof and 160W inside front window of Bus and am just managing to add maybe 1% charge to 400AH Lithium battery daily in the current awful climate in South of England with bus parked up. I reckon if I was North of England I would be losing power as there is some draw in the Van parked up from monitors and security device etc
Something wrong, i have 200w solar and a mppt votronic and 2 90ah wet lead acid batts, all up to 14.4 and dropped back to float 13.4/6 today.
Tilt you van south LOL.

Reactions: RAW
Something wrong, i have 200w solar and a mppt votronic and 2 90ah wet lead acid batts, all up to 14.4 and dropped back to float 13.4/6 today.
Tilt you van south LOL.
The Solar Charger is Victron on the bus as is everything else apart from panels and batteries :cool:
Bus is facing West mainly, maybe WSW but mainly West and nothing I can do about that apart from change to East as parked on road outside house, face East and one of the idiot students who live up the road and drive 40mph in the 20mph road would probably hit me getting in and out of the only door !!
Had little charge recently due to temps below zero and lithium has no heating so BMS stops charging cells at 1 deg Celsius or thereabouts, whereas you would have had charge as your battery type is not as adversely affected by temperature ;-)

The Solar Charger is Victron on the bus as is everything else apart from panels and batteries :cool:
Bus is facing West mainly, maybe WSW but mainly West and nothing I can do about that apart from change to East as parked on road outside house, face East and one of the idiot students who live up the road and drive 40mph in the 20mph road would probably hit me getting in and out of the only door !!
Had little charge recently due to temps below zero and lithium has no heating so BMS stops charging cells at 1 deg Celsius or thereabouts, whereas you would have had charge as your battery type is not as adversely affected by temperature ;-)
Thats why i stuck with lead acids, liths are problematic in cold places, my next set of batts will be lead carbons.

I had problems with my 5Kw lithium in the house due to cold, I fixed this with a reptile heat mat stuck to the side which draws 7 watts Not continuously.
it is run through a temp controller but I’m sure it is a way to get round the cold problem, insulation around the batteries will help but set up would depend on on battery drain and amount of battery storage and small wattage mats are available

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back