Battery preservation

Hey folks, humble apologies. I did not see the wonderfully useful replies. You must think me dreadfully rude for not, at least, acknowledging. I did see the first reply which was singularly unhelpful, but there were none after it when I looked. The posts went into the read category so I missed them until searching just now for something else. Must take care to recheck and again. Thanks. I imagine by now I have missed the lidl/Aldi charger. I shall go look a little later on as some of the others a just too dear for me.

Hey folks, humble apologies. I did not see the wonderfully useful replies. You must think me dreadfully rude for not, at least, acknowledging. I did see the first reply which was singularly unhelpful, but there were none after it when I looked. The posts went into the read category so I missed them until searching just now for something else. Must take care to recheck and again. Thanks. I imagine by now I have missed the lidl/Aldi charger. I shall go look a little later on as some of the others a just too dear for me.
Get the Lidl one, don't get one from Aldi unless it says 7 stage and can be left connected.:) Every time they come around I expect the are updated from the previous year:eek::D Well that's good, but difficult to keep tabs on.;)

My brother in law works on the theory that if something is going to be needed eventually then he may as well get it now and get the use of it. So on that basis I would get a second new banner and fit them both.

I'd like to adopt your brothers Law as it makes sense therefore to find a nurse now rather than later. A clone of this one would do nicely please so apply now.CARRY ON NURSE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remembered there was a reply that said that my solar was not sufficient. Well, I have had the same set up working entirely satisfactorily for more than five years. Now whether it is the age of ALL the components at fault, I don't know but I suppose I shall just have to keep a close eye on things, won't I? At the moment I am making an improved reversing camera setup having just repaired my rear bumper ("bumper" thats a joke for 3mm ABS) after having hit a very high kerb (meant to stop lorries driving over a flower bed) one dark and stormy night at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. Then, on Sunday, I had to drive through some bushes (very narrow road) which scratched my new and not fully hard paint. No end to it.

Harry

Just remembered there was a reply that said that my solar was not sufficient. Well, I have had the same set up working entirely satisfactorily for more than five years. Now whether it is the age of ALL the components at fault, I don't know but I suppose I shall just have to keep a close eye on things, won't I? At the moment I am making an improved reversing camera setup having just repaired my rear bumper ("bumper" thats a joke for 3mm ABS) after having hit a very high kerb (meant to stop lorries driving over a flower bed) one dark and stormy night at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. Then, on Sunday, I had to drive through some bushes (very narrow road) which scratched my new and not fully hard paint. No end to it.

Harry
I only fitted my solar pannel last summer, 120w, don't get much out of it in the deep winter at all, perhaps 4-6 amps a day, it all depends on what you want it to do, 80w would be enough for some and not for others, as you say cost can affect what you fit and solar won't work with 4" of snow on it.:eek::)

Thanks Chas et all. At the moment a high dose of penicillin or the problem it is supposed to be curing is making me wobbly so when I stabilise I will check the output of that panel (without dirt or snow) and report back

Harry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back