Best places to go in the winter in the UK

QFour

Best places to go in the winter in the UK

On the back of the other thread about winter motorhoming, I'd love to have some recommendations from you. We used to like going to Caister in the winter. You could use the lovely pool and the gym facilities, sit in the bar and get a meal, all for very reasonable prices. The one thing I find difficult in the winter is when it goes dark early. We always used to go in the pool about at about 4pm and then sit in the bar afterwards. Is there anywhere else like this in the UK?

I leave the uk/n/ireland and head up to donegal lapland for the kids,we then do one night in hotel with a big breakfast in the morning.
Then we take our time driving round the coast looking at the sea etc before returning home late at night which is about 2 1/2 hr drive.

Attachments

• llb.jpg
    llb.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
  • lld.jpg
    lld.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
  • lle.jpg
    lle.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
  • llg.jpg
    llg.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1
  • lly.jpg
    lly.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1
  • file#1399.jpg
    file#1399.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1
Winter is when I like using the C&CC or CMC Club sites - hardstanding, EHU, all mod cons. As I'm on EHU I can watch as much TV as I want. Nice walks for the dog and often a handy pub. Sadly they close a lot of sites over winter but there are still some good ones open and as a solo they are reasonably priced.

My favourite is Kingsbury Water Park. No gym or swimming pool, but not far from Tamworth Snow Dome so you could go there for seasonal activities.

Yes I do a bit of C&CC and some of the park resort sites that are open in winter are £4/5 inc lecky

I thought that that avatar was a flee that had jumped onto my screen and I spent about a minute trying to squash it before I took my finger off it long enough to see what it was ???

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back