Beware of Wayfair

2cv

As we are moving soon we need to buy a few furniture items and for one of these used Wayfair. What a disaster they proved to be. They used Evri as courier (formerly Hermes) and they promptly lost the item. Several phone calls later I have invoked my right to cancel the order but still no refund from Wayfair, though they still claim to be investigating the matter. I will get my money back under section 75 through the credit card but just thought I’d post this to perhaps save someone else the hassle that Wayfair have given me.

To be fair I had an order go missing from electric bike shop, they used evri.
Shop were fine, sent out new order.
Evri may be a new name, but still the same old problems .
It all depends how a retailer deals with the customer when let down by the delivery company.
Always think retailers would be better off paying a bit extra for a delivery company that works, than saving a couple of quid and trashing their reputation.

Anytime I buy anything on internet I try my best to find out who the courier is first if it’s Hermes I then don’t proceed with the order there the worst company ever. Good luck Bill hope you get it sorted.

I can't stand Wayfair's TV adverts, especially the one where the voice over goes "Must have cost a fortune" and that annoying woman replies "Actually, we bought it at Wayfair". She doesn't deny that it cost a fortune.

Aaargh!

(sorry, end of grumpy old git mode)

Anytime I buy anything on internet I try my best to find out who the courier is first if it’s Hermes I then don’t proceed with the order there the worst company ever. Good luck Bill hope you get it sorted.
Snap!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back