Black Friday Love it/Hate it

Tim120

Black Friday Love it/Hate it

I absolutely hate it. I refuse to take part in the hysteria. Being old and cynical, it's just about retailers working their way into my wallet tempting me with their so called bargins.
It also spills over into the rest of the week too... the pre Black Friday bargain usually starts on the Monday.
Sticking to my principles I waited until Wednesday to pounce and grab that all important thing I could not live without.
That'll show 'em. :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

Best avoided. I'm convinced that bargains are around all the time if you look hard enough.
with overall sales figures down I think there will be lots on offer into the new year.

Its starting earlier each year too. Many online retailers are having 'black november' and 'black december' I got an e-mail from one the other day. It was all black-couldn't see a damned thing! Makes you feel like Johnny Nice painter from the fast show. Its all black!

Easy avoided, just dont go shopping. I dont think ive been in a shop or supermarket in this country for six months. I had a look at some so called Black Friday deals online for a client but they were rubbish. Its been quite a good scam though, build up the hysteria over time of practically giving stuff away that people didnt really need and now everyones hooked just up the prices.

My son did manage to get me a Firestick for £25 instead of £39.99 though.

Neither like or hate just can't be bothered with it I'll stick with the January sales .

Don't really need anything so haven't looked. Gather it can be a bit of a scam but some bargains to be had if careful and if needed in the first place.

Edina;n6149 said:
Just a practice for xmas

Before long we will be having a spring BF a summer BF bloody americanisms.

Hate it, some bargains but most are the same price as normal just re marketed differently. Last year there was a short TV clip showing items that were actually more expensive.

I will be looking on a few sites later for Christmas gift ideas and maybe buy some. only have 2 so far, I'm normally done by now.

Ah, what about black Christmas eve? Don't usually do any shopping whatsoever then but, couldn't believe Tescos last year. Turkeys, chickens, ducks and hams any size for £1. No bargains there then!

I don't like the hype of black friday, it reminds me of the DFS sale but I think that finishes on Sunday :Shyly_Smiling_Face_

Tezza33;n6580 said:
I don't like the hype of black friday, it reminds me of the DFS sale but I think that finishes on Sunday :Shyly_Smiling_Face_

:b0213::b0213::b0213:

I buy things when I need them, not when retailers think I need them.

Cant stand shopping and almost never in them untill i got married,now get dragged round them with wifey.:Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back