Blown air heating 2

Trotter

Being cheeky I know. At Hollingworth Lake I had blownair heating. A One kilowatt oil filled radiator and a Maplin usb fan running over it worked brilliantly.

I have a 750 -1500 w ceramic fan heater ,smaller ,lighter , and instant heat with thermostat ..very warm on low setting .

I had a 600 watt oil filled radiator and a 450 watt convector on at Hollingworth. I was cold. So I turned off the convector and used the onboard gas blown air instead. I left the oil one on to help it out a bit and hopefully save some gas.

In Halifax, I bought a fan heater like Molly3's. Much warmer, even when only on 750 watt.

I had a 600 watt oil filled radiator and a 450 watt convector on at Hollingworth. I was cold. So I turned off the convector and used the onboard gas blown air instead. I left the oil one on to help it out a bit and hopefully save some gas.

In Halifax, I bought a fan heater like Molly3's. Much warmer, even when only on 750 watt.

I can vouch for how well Del's worked Carol, I think it may have been Bakewell club site when he first tried this, you couldn't really feel any heat from the oil filled radiator because its a PVC and as soon as you open the side door the inside air swaps with outside. I did not think a small fan behind the heater would really do anything and was surprised that I could feel the warmth as I was sat in drivers seat and the heater was just under the bed at the back. Well worth a try next time

I can vouch for how well Del's worked Carol, I think it may have been Bakewell club site when he first tried this, you couldn't really feel any heat from the oil filled radiator because its a PVC and as soon as you open the side door the inside air swaps with outside. I did not think a small fan behind the heater would really do anything and was surprised that I could feel the warmth as I was sat in drivers seat and the heater was just under the bed at the back. Well worth a try next time

Now there’s a first. Nabsim reckons I’ve done something right/well/ correctly. A date for my diary indeed. I don’t get many of these. I’ll be honest, as I said,a first. I’m waiting for the comeback.?
I made a modification to the van before Hollingsworth, I put a 240v double gang socket under the bed c/w 2 USB ports , not a difficult job on the Twin,took a spur off of the mains feed to the elekroblock.and ran a cable to the wine box. Or as I know it, where the flask and cooking oil bottle live. This saves having cables running over the floor, causing a trip hazard.

Now now Del, I always give credit where it’s due, just you have never done anything to warrant it before :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back