Branch Attack!

GrannyF

Morning all. My hubby had a fight with a branch on the neighbours tree whilst reversing our motorhome off the drive. We store it but brought it home to pack 😰 It's broken the outer window and scraped all down the side including the door leaving a fairly deep scratch. Gutted obviously! She's new to us in May but 24 years old with hardly a scratch.. Till now! Would rather not go through insurance but struggling to work out who can or how we can fix this. Any advice very much appreciated

There are quite a few caravan breakers. I would think that caravan windows will be the same as motorhome windows. Possibly use decals to cover the scratches.

Morning all. My hubby had a fight with a branch on the neighbours tree whilst reversing our motorhome off the drive. We store it but brought it home to pack 😰 It's broken the outer window and scraped all down the side including the door leaving a fairly deep scratch. Gutted obviously! She's new to us in May but 24 years old with hardly a scratch.. Till now! Would rather not go through insurance but struggling to work out who can or how we can fix this. Any advice very much appreciated
What area are you in? I can recommend three Motorhome bodyshops, but they are in Scotland.

I think there is a firm somewhere in Yorkshire that can use your old window as a template to make a new one. Someone on here might be able to give more information on that.

I would be careful of insurance route as they may write it off at 24yrs old , and then put up your premium as a thankyou ! Find a secondhand window yourself , and get a bodyshop to fit it . What model and window , and any pics ?
It's a Peugeot Boxer Autohome Wildwind

What area are you in? I can recommend three Motorhome bodyshops, but they are in Scotland.

I think there is a firm somewhere in Yorkshire that can use your old window as a template to make a new one. Someone on here might be able to give more information on that.
In the Midlands

I would be careful of insurance route as they may write it off at 24yrs old , and then put up your premium as a thankyou ! Find a secondhand window yourself , and get a bodyshop to fit it . What model and window , and any pics ?
Where would i get a second hand window? We're very new to this

Measure the window and if possible post a photo of your van, at least tell us the make, model and year, it is a lot easier helping you if you give more information
Will do. I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks everyone

However if we knew the make of the window, probably Sietz at that vintage you make be able to order a replacement pane, there will be a data sticker near one of the corners with all the sizes etc, see picture.

the bottom line gives you the sizes A5 refers to the type, yours will likely be a A4 as it's too early for A5 which is the concertina blind type.

Seitz%20AGS51440X0600.jpg

However if we knew the make of the window, probably Sietz at that vintage you make be able to order a replacement pane, there will be a data sticker near one of the corners with all the sizes etc, see picture.

Seitz%20AGS51440X0600.jpg
Thank you

Ouch on the panel, I think you'll have to live with that one, too expensive to repair I'd imagine, bad picture of the window to identify., but as said it should have some data somewhere

Have you dealt with the offending branch? Ask you neighbour to remove it, or to agree to you removing it. If they don't co-operate you are entitled to remove anything overhanging your property, and you are supposed to give them back the offcuts. You don't want to have another fight with the branch.

The details are on the window, AGS51450X0600 translates to AGS5 is the model (S5) and 1450X0600 is the size 1450mm x 600mm
You can buy a new one from here beware though they can cost around £1400.00 for a complete one :eek: I would think that the place Molly 3 posted or secondhand is best option

Regards,
Del

I would leave the dent alone, as long as it's not gone through to let in water in

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back