Breakdown cover

Campervanannie

Now I know this has been cover hundreds of time but this is a simple question and requires simple answers and I know I can get it with my insurance which I have( Thankyou AIB) but I have been looking at the C&CC or the C&MC and wondered which one out of the two is the best I think one is with the RAC the other is Green Flag.

I am with RAC thru C&CC as they have a good rep with larger RVs in UK and Europe , that was deciding factor . If you are in something more mainstream might be not so cut and dried :)

You have to be a member of the C&MHClub to take out their Breakdown cover. C&CC will insure non-members but charge more. I'm with the C&MH Club and had a couple of call outs some years ago. One was for a dead leisure battery and the other for a complete breakdown where we had to be put on a transporter and taken home several hundred miles away, including an overnight stop in one of their depots. No complaints at all.

I'm with RAC. Not a member of any club. Signed up via RAC salesman at an event. Can't remember how muc but near £100, Just under or over.

You have to be a member of the C&MHClub to take out their Breakdown cover. C&CC will insure non-members but charge more. I'm with the C&MH Club and had a couple of call outs some years ago. One was for a dead leisure battery and the other for a complete breakdown where we had to be put on a transporter and taken home several hundred miles away, including an overnight stop in one of their depots. No complaints at all.
I am a member of both which is why I am trying to find out which is the best one to use.

I am now with ADAC but previously I was with the RAC through the C&CC, covered both cars and the van and the few times we used them they were excellent, priority call out for Maggy when she was a lone female and couldn't do enough for us when we had a problem in France

If you join c&cc you get a free years breakdown cover just now and it covers vans over 3.5t which suits me fine

Hi, Do you know which company covers the breakdown? RAC or AA
And is the promotion a one off or do existing members get the cover?
Cheers. David

If you go onto both sites, C&CC & C&MH, full details of their breakdown cover are available, under "Insurance". There are various options, from basic to knobs on. The C&CC is through RAC while C&MH is Green Flag. You can get a quote by choosing the options you want then you can compare prices and cover and see what suits your needs best and your pocket.

I don't think there's a simple answer to "which is best?" - it depends what you want and what you're prepared to pay and whether you are a member or not or are willing to join.

if your abroad there all the same. based in lyon ive rang up and one time they say green flag next time it’s race etc

Don't know about green flag as have never used them but I cannot fault the RAC. They are much of a muchness on price for equivalent cover costs. You might find the decider in whatever extras you feel you need?

K ;)

Avoid emergency assist..My son spent five hours on M25 with a broken down van a couple of weeks ago. Finally got home at 5am but had to pay for van to be towed from his home to garage for repair...recovery left it outside his house as garages not open. They did not seem to have access to recovery for a campervan but took the money to cover it.

Last edited:
If you go C&CC as well as RAC you get Arrivals Free. No limit to size or age of the Van, very helpful I am sure.

I have been a member of the RAC for 48 years with relay membership for the last 10 or more. This years renewal premium was totally ridiculous so have now opened a Nationwide account to use theirs. Only called the RAC out about 5 times in all those years and they responded quickly so I hope Nationwide will be as good if I need them

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back