Brewing beer

Scotia

One of several hobbies is brewing ale, all grain extract not by homebrew kit. Brewing kit consists of HLT (hot liqueur tank) Mash tun copper/kettle and FV (fermenting vessel) all temperature controlled.WP_20140608_005.jpg20200318_092312.jpg20191116_140341.jpg20200318_122643.jpg20191201_122431.jpg20200802_150109.jpg

I really like your set-up. Awesome.

I have the cheap Chinese copy of your temperature controller looking after my big audio amplifier. Works a treat, but needs to be blue lol

20200905_222810.jpg

The temp controllers i have used on my panel are the cheap STC1000 , i use Dixell R universal on the commercial breweries but they are also in red cant think of a manufacturer that does a blue display. Try a cyan film screen over the display but it would not match the intense blue you are looking for.

Last edited:
That's not a hobby, that's a microbrewery! How much do you charge for rallies in your pub garden?
I have a large garden but even the lawnmower gets stuck in wet weather.

What a coincidence...

One of my several hobbies is drinking ale
drink2.gif

Very impressive set up I must say
yes.gif

Yum yum
yum.gif

What a coincidence...

One of my several hobbies is drinking ale
drink2.gif

Very impressive set up I must say
yes.gif

Yum yum
yum.gif
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of friends who have the same interest as well.😉20200905_195532.jpg

Looks very impressive how many gallons do you brew ? I love trying different real ales. Have you brewed different styles?

Cheers i do 20 gallon per brew, i prefer old school ale, not fussed on the over hopped style that is about now. I'm fortunate to have a friend who consults for me who has been a brewer for coming on 40 odd yrs but has a good head for engineering. He taught me how to brew and gave me recipes which i have altered to my taste. I do a Porter which has treacle and ginger in it which is very easy to drink i may add, i have the recipe for Fowlers Wee Heavy and Caledonian 80 shilling. The darker beers i prefer in the winter months. In summer i tend to stick to IPA bitter and blond beers.

Crikey, it knocks my old plastic buckets, kettle elements, cool box and immersion cooler 5 gallon brewery for 6. What a set up. I dont have time to brew now but it is good fun.

That porter sounds good.the choice of stout and porters is getting amazing tried plenty of unusual ones especially the ice cream ones that Thornbridge brew

That porter sounds good.the choice of stout and porters is getting amazing tried plenty of unusual ones especially the ice cream ones that Thornbridge brew
I installed a glycol line and chiller at a brewery in Edinburgh The campervan brewery and thats the type of beers he was making with ice cream🤑, im old school beer and a pie for me. 😆

Some of the craft beers are too cold for my liking tried a few nice peanut butter stout I prefer real ales from a hand pump or direct from the barrel

I was of the same train of thought, i then built a filtr system along with a low pressure carbonator and only using a small percentage of Co2 enough to keep the beer fresh for a longer period of time( if it ever gets the chance) it does highlight more flavour with the Co2 i usually keep my ale @ around 10/12 deg for serving.20191201_122454.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back