Burstner water issue.

Well I can! Seriously, as far as I can see your tank water inlet is in the side
ovbiously at the top?
When you fill the tank it will only fill to the bottom of the inlet before it
starts overflowing, but this wouldn't be the very top of the tank would it?
But forget everything I've written if I've misinterpretated the pic.
The tank is full, indicated by the gauge reading 100%, when the water reaches the bottom of the filler neck.
There is no overflow pipe and no need for one, you can’t overfill.

It doesn’t matter about the gauge, op can see it’s full to overflowing from filler. After journey they can SEE the level in the tank has dropped. Both levels are as seen by eye at the tank itself.

i have no idea on your system but it has to be going somewhere. When you are next home is it possible to examine tank from the inspection hatch to see if there is a take off for an overflow?

Can you get round it by only filling to the level it drops to on a journey and carry a 25ltr drum of water inside? Not a solution I know but would give you the extra day of water while you are finding a solution.

Assumes the van is at the same degree of pitch or is level on both readings.
Just a few degrees in a long tank would be significant.

When the water flows out of the filler neck it doesn't necessarily indicate the
that the tank is full, just depends where the inlet is fixed on the tank side.
Difficult to tell from the image but it looks like the inlet would overflow before
the tank is actually full and even more so should the tank not be level, but that
could be a spec savers failure on my part !

If I was losing 25litres of water I don't think I'd be getting away, I'd be
finding out where the hell it's gone!

Hi. Ref thread 26. As stated I cured mine by first filling tank till it started to overflow from tank outlet overflow pipe and then put a plug in end of said plug. Then went for a drive found nice steep hill/slope stopped. Went to back of mhome took plug out and watched water pour out. Then put plug back went home refilled again left plug out went back to hill and saw it pour out. This proved in my case it was lost through mhome water tank overfill pipe. This cured my loss. It was pointed out to me by a policeman and two mhomers on 3 occasions that I was illegally discharging waste water whilst mobile. But on investigating it was found to be fresh water via overflow. So if you see water coming out of a mhome he might have similar problem and not discharging waste The old saying what you see is not always what you think.

Hi. Poops re thread 44. Been told it’s not an overflow pipe. But it’s an air breather pipe. Sorry for any confusion

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back