BURTON BRADSTOCK - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Likewise, I"m not an expert. However, I do know that councils sometimes try to pull rank and bully people with planning law, acting "Ultra Vires".

It's most likely they have had a complaint from a resident who doesn't like the additional footfall in the area for 5 days and/or that field is in their view, so they acted without the proper procedure.

Sometimes these local disagreements depend on the personalities and maybe the complainant has the ear of someone on the council.

The CC & C have THSs there twice a year so it has affected them too and presumably any other rallies.

Where exactly is the new entrance/field as some of us with the bigger van’s could possibly struggle to get in, cheers
Can't explain as we are not there yet and Google Earth not very helpful as it has obviously changed!, but it's through the yard! However, we expect to get in with 7.2m, as far as I know the CC & C haven't had any problems. I'm sure you will be fine.

It does sound like the council has got its teeth into him for some reason and I find it disappointing to say the least. The campsite theory may not be very wide of the mark. However, having recently paid £75 per night on a similar site for our moho in order to share a holiday with daughter and grandkids who were in a static, it's a very welcome relief to go to places like manor farm. I wonder if it would help his case if we as a group summarised what and where we spend during our 5 days? Perhaps the council dont appreciate that it isnt just the Burton Bradstock economy that benefits. Also firmly making the point that we wouldn't, as a group, or individually decamp to a full facilty site may not go amiss too. That's it I feel better now. :)

It does sound like the council has got its teeth into him for some reason and I find it disappointing to say the least. The campsite theory may not be very wide of the mark. However, having recently paid £75 per night on a similar site for our moho in order to share a holiday with daughter and grandkids who were in a static, it's a very welcome relief to go to places like manor farm. I wonder if it would help his case if we as a group summarised what and where we spend during our 5 days? Perhaps the council dont appreciate that it isnt just the Burton Bradstock economy that benefits. Also firmly making the point that we wouldn't, as a group, or individually decamp to a full facilty site may not go amiss too. That's it I feel better now. :)
I expect he’ll be around and we’ll get a chance to pass on our thoughts. I have already passed on Firefox’s research for which he was appreciative

Back