Camera waterlogged

Carrerasax

Anyone solved this problem?
I washed van at pressure washer but thought was careful not too close.
Think I may have had issue before but it dried out itself.
Any suggestions how to resolve please?

1701869033435.jpeg1701869076955.jpeg

If it is demountable let it warm up to room temperature in your house. Then you could put in a bucket with some desiccant packs (silica gel beads) or cover with rice. Then enclose bucket with cling film. If your desiccant packs are old you can re-generate a wee bit by sticking on a warm radiator overnight. Hairdryer on a cool setting maybe. Slow drying rather than excess heat might do the trick. You might need to use a suitable glue to stop ingress in the future if you are successful in drying it out.

If it is demountable let it warm up to room temperature in your house. Then you could put in a bucket with some desiccant packs (silica gel beads) or cover with rice. Then enclose bucket with cling film. If your desiccant packs are old you can re-generate a wee bit by sticking on a warm radiator overnight. Hairdryer on a cool setting maybe. Slow drying rather than excess heat might do the trick. You might need to use a suitable glue to stop ingress in the future if you are successful in drying it out.
Is it the two screws in the light lens that allow the whole thing to lift out🤔

Is it the two screws in the light lens that allow the whole thing to lift out🤔
Been away a few days. Sorry can't help with how to dismount. Just suggested some ways to dry it out that I have found successful. How did you get on?

Been a hi
Been away a few days. Sorry can't help with how to dismount. Just suggested some ways to dry it out that I have found successful. How did you get on?
Been a bit busy and not tried yet. Will get to it after the holidays. ta

Been a bit busy and not tried yet. Will get to it after the holidays. ta
Re-prioritise.

There are two issues: 1 dampness shorting the electronics, which may (or may not) be fixed when it is dried out. 2 corrosion caused by the damp, which will be worse the longer you leave it damp, and will stop it working even when dried out.

Get it off and dried ASAP.

So, removed offending camera today.
Looks pretty rough so think I’ll replace.
Seems to be residue of sone sort other than moisture on lower edge.
How is it best to secure a replacement. Seems a whole load of different types, pairs most of them. How do I make sure I get correct ones. Who’s best supplier in your experience?
1704745871425.jpeg
1704745947242.jpeg1704745947242.jpeg

So, removed offending camera today.
Looks pretty rough so think I’ll replace.
Seems to be residue of sone sort other than moisture on lower edge.
How is it best to secure a replacement. Seems a whole load of different types, pairs most of them. How do I make sure I get correct ones. Who’s best supplier in your experience?
View attachment 71067
View attachment 71068View attachment 71068
Is this reputable seems to involve change of 6 pin connector to 4🤔
https://www.parkingcameras.com/stor...-driving-camera-bundle-cab99m-cam222w-45.html

I once put an old Nokia dumb phone through the wash. I put it in a bag of rice for a few days and bobs your uncle - it worked again.

They are an excellent company to deal with (I have bought from them a couple of times and I would recommend them). The modern standard is 4 pin and you need an adaptor to fit a new camera to an older system. Give them a call and you will find them to be very helpful.
They were indeed very helpful but having got new cameras my dilemma is,
The new one has a much bigger top/hood bracket that I don’t think will fit under the housing that goes over the top of it. I’ve seen this type on externally fitted cameras, mire of a protective cover I think.
Revcameras said when I spoke to them that they thought most people use their original brackets and bend them a bit but I done seem to be able to get them to fit.

Is this second top bracket essential? I guess it might give more ridgidity to the fixing and avoid shaking?

I think I’m tempted to try it without and see🤔

1706181209312.jpeg

I think the bracket is to reduce glare from the Sun more than anything. The camera is water resistant and that cover provides very little protection from rain. I would just leave it off.

I think the bracket is to reduce glare from the Sun more than anything. The camera is water resistant and that cover provides very little protection from rain. I would just leave it off.
Fitting the new bracket means drilling new holes which I’m not comfortable doing so I’d rather use just one of the original brackets if that will work🤔

The other part is definitely the sun shield, I'd offer it up to check fit, you may need to file a tiny bit of the cover but these types are pretty much the same except for connections and of course camera quality.

So, I’ve now fitted with help from a friend/ refrigeration engineer connecting the feed wire by crimped connector.
Now we’re getting no signal on a blue screen from both cameras.
After fitting we tried the original working camera and got a picture.
Also after switching on habitation Sargent power box I got a brief picture on one camera but they’ve now both gone to “no signal “
Seems as though power supply connections are very fussy.
What else can I check or do🤔

So the saga continues!!!

1709810980798.jpeg

What is this in the settings menu, and how do I operate it?

I currently have the rear view camera operating but the reversing view AV2 is showing no signal.
When I swapped the leads over at the back of the van , both showed no signal, I then swapped leads over and turned display off manually & back on again and at least have one working!!!

How can they be this unpredictable.

Recently I had both working but not the automatic switch to rear view, when selecting reverse. I drove it to the MH workshop for hab check and when mechanic got in it to move it they were not working!!!

I don’t think I can be far away from the solution, as I have had both working🤔

Any ideas PLEASE 😫😀🤔

Generally, when monitors have two inputs, one of them takes precedence when it gets video signal.

So try plugging each into either socket in turn, whilst the ignition is on and it's in reverse gear and when it's not in reverse gear.

That way you'll find out which inputs are working. Well, let's hope so!

What is this Re-set option and how do you enable it🤔
What does it do?

Back