Camping satellite system in a box.

How big is the Dish in a box? looks nice and compact and a lot more user friendly that the awkward tripod ones. Could well be interested :)

(I think that could be deployed on the roof by poking it through the skylight on my van :D )

How pricey are these kits to buy ? And are they good receivers ?
Some on ebay but don't forget BBC are only transmitting on HD now. Receivers are good but small dish makes finding signal tricky

Thinking of getting the Huawei mobile router looks a good kit.
This is what I've used at home and in the Van for several yrs now 12v in the van and 12v thru adaptor supplied at home

This is what I've used at home and in the Van for several yrs now 12v in the van and 12v thru adaptor supplied at home

Looks good what Sim is the best to get for coverage

Looks good what Sim is the best to get for coverage
I used 3 for several years pre covid as no roaming charge but when we where at home for lockdown the signal here was very poor so changed to Vodafone but as they don't allow roaming last year we used a gifgaf/o2 sim while away which worked well.

Hi Witzend.
I see it comes with adaptor for mains at home, Can you use it off the cigarette lighter sockets in the van or do you have to buy an adaptor? As I have 4 12v outlets running off my leisure bank when off grid?

Hi Witzend.
I see it comes with adaptor for mains at home, Can you use it off the cigarette lighter sockets in the van or do you have to buy an adaptor? As I have 4 12v outlets running off my leisure bank when off grid?
Yes thats what I use direct from cig lighter socket this type of lead make sure the end is rite for the box

Last edited:
I also have a 1m dish, stand, clamp, LNB, sat finder. Of anyone is still using sat systems they could be fixed where there is no useable mobile signal.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back