Campsite at Lake Constance/Bodensee

GMJ

We have it in mind to spend a week at Lake Constance in September as part of our trip to Germany. Have any of you folks stayed at a campsite on the lake? If so I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Ideally we would like one which is walkable to a town and near to a ferry port as we would plan a few easy days out.

Thanks

There is a very nice stelplatz on the outskirts of the town adjacent to a nice Italian restaurant. There is also a small deli nearby. You can can walk in to the town but there is a free bus service with runs frequently from the Stelplatz to the lakeside and return.

47.775801 9.148626 see https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/marker.php?id=11194

Last edited:
..... and when I pass by Friedrichshafen, I usually look up to see a modern Zeppelin.

I checked out the prices on flights on a Zeppelin but they were eye wateringly expensive so we'll just content ourselves with viewing from the ground. We went to the museum a few years ago now: very intersting it was too.

We would recommend Camping Irisweise at Kressbonn am Bodensee. Nice Site with direct access to the lake and a nice easy flat walk along the lakeside into the town which in addition to various shops and restaurants also has a pier where you can get the steamers that go round and across the lake.

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back