Canterbury.

We used the Canterbury Aire some years ago when it was not well known and cleaner. It reminds me of the Aire at Wissant, and I no longer stay there either.

Others will probably disagree. đź‘Ť

I too like Canterbury when we use the Aire there usually have 3 nights there before we cross the channel, easy bus rides to Folkestone and Margate etc from there, I too refuse to pay to enter any Church Cathedral or whatever, these were built off the backs of the Peasants and tythes in the past and the Church still wants us peasants to pay for their upkeep, Turn them all into Wetherspoons pubs I say and watch the congregation grow, I am an Atheist so not interest in all the God stuff but do admire the Architecture from afar, there are 2 good whether spoon pubs in Canterbury as most will know,

Yes Tony, some make the mistake of thinking churches (or more precisely their finance "gods") should be charitable.
Oh no they are amongst the bigger landowners and have very shrewd/greedy advisors.
Canterbury is in a prime location re foreign tourists so they "scam" as much as they can.
Cunical moi ?
More like Conical, Phil ?;)

I too like Canterbury when we use the Aire there usually have 3 nights there before we cross the channel, easy bus rides to Folkestone and Margate etc from there, I too refuse to pay to enter any Church Cathedral or whatever, these were built off the backs of the Peasants and tythes in the past and the Church still wants us peasants to pay for their upkeep, Turn them all into Wetherspoons pubs I say and watch the congregation grow, I am an Atheist so not interest in all the God stuff but do admire the Architecture from afar, there are 2 good whether spoon pubs in Canterbury as most will know,
Quite agree. We have stopped on the New Dover Road P&R, many times, over the years, and used the bus, to travel around this part of Kent, whilst we're there. Can't beat the Wetherspoons. I worship there every chance I get. Blessed be Saint Tim Martin !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back