Car show today.

Is there a truck show on near the borders today? 2 American bull nose trucks just passed by, think they were both Kenworths but only got a Quick Look. One brown and other white, looked immaculate

Is there a truck show on near the borders today? 2 American bull nose trucks just passed by, think they were both Kenworths but only got a Quick Look. One brown and other white, looked immaculate
Dunno Neil?

Awe done Jeffrey, PITA to do, and I found new positions for the welder Kama Sutra 😂

I need to learn to say NO to these Tin worm repaired.

9939c51e-5efe-4e53-adbf-e03b26f78444.jpegc0534580-dc68-49e4-a2d3-fe6ae49c87cb.jpeg

Nice to see Top Tradesmens work ....think we are losing most of our skilled Men & Women thanks to 'Maggie 'abolishing Apprenticeships back in the day. Having served my time at 'RR & Bentley Motors' I can remember one of the Old School Panel Beaters who used to turn 2 shilling pieces into Rings , had a que every Monday, blokes wanting a Ring made, had to be a pre 1957 cos of the Silver content when finished it read 'two shilling 1957' on the inside.

Nice to see Top Tradesmens work ....think we are losing most of our skilled Men & Women thanks to 'Maggie 'abolishing Apprenticeships back in the day. Having served my time at 'RR & Bentley Motors' I can remember one of the Old School Panel Beaters who used to turn 2 shilling pieces into Rings , had a que every Monday, blokes wanting a Ring made, had to be a pre 1957 cos of the Silver content when finished it read 'two shilling 1957' on the inside.
I vaguely recall the Maggie gov trying to tamper with training levy? That said though, many skills are still there, albeit some watered down with the introduction CAD/CAM technology, which includes welding industry, I have no issue with the automated weld technology, less fume intake=longer life.

Panel beating is a dark art, watching these metal artists tucking, stretching and shrinking material using hand tools is class to watch. My mate, who has a Bentley Special, the rear is a unique shape, done by a guy from the Aberdeen area, a work of art!!

These guys also make works of art too.

Last edited:
Back