Caravan and Motorhome Club

The CCC is the best in my opinion, we are Vintage members I have been a Caravan Club member now Motorhome ? but found it too regimented so dropped out we used to go to London each year around Christmas and use the Abbey Wood Caravan club site as it is very convenient for the train to central London now in the London Emission Zone and we used to rejoin the club then as it worked out cheaper than staying a week on the site as a non member, may start doing that again as it is looking unlikely that we will go to Spain and Portugal as usual over winter the Jury is still out on that, The CCC has an app that is great for site finding, Cs sites main Sites and Commercial jobbies Camp site finder it is called I expect the CMC will have the same.

interestingly freinds tuggers go to la manga with the ccc rally for 3/4 months after christmas ,this year they the ccc decided not to hold rallies abroad and cancelled the site , the rallies already had a facebook group & have started a more secure page & booked the site themselves some there already , in the meantime cc&m have stepped in and booked a rally there themselves apparently with a gaurentee for future years
We were there December/January.
Booked for December already.
If you book and want to be with ccclub rally members ask for K Row.

Is it worth joining? I find it difficult to find prices but I suspect that is because they are expensive and don't want you to know until you've joined. As a member the website says you save £12 a night by not paying the non member site fee. Can anyone give me some sample prices for their main sites please.
As a member you might still pay £35 night. It's probably only £15 to £20 for a CL site although some field sites with no EHU at sub £10

Hi we have just booked for the isle of Wight for this year, wild camping and cmc cl's, as a cmc we saved over a £100 on the price of the ferry , against what we would have paid if we had booked direct with the ferry operator, which is more than the cost of their membership, so its worth checking out some of the other club benefits

I am a CCC member. I don’t use any of the sites and rarely a CL/CS.
I use temp holiday sites and club meets, they always ask for membership card and previously have had a sticker attached to the van to prove I paid!
I have been thinking about CAMC for the same reasons - anybody got experience of those ?

CMC don't have THSs like the CCC. They have weekend meets, but they don't have a booklet like the out and about. You can find them online. The CCC allocate you to a "district association." In the CMC you have to apply to join a "Centre.". The CMC then send you information on their meets.

We were going to cancel outr membership of the C&CC this year as we havent visited a site for nearly 3 years now. However with the current restrictions meaning we will be touring more in the UK, we let it run for another year.

Since then I have sorted all our trips away for April, May, June and July/August...and still havet booked to stay on one of their sites!! Oh well...c'est la vie.

We will probably cancel membership next year.

We have saved twice the membership fee on a single ferry crossing. You also get a variety of other discounts so do look at other potential savings.

Reactions: 2cv
We're in both big clubs, in CMC going on 50 years but only for CLs. Probably used sites 9 or 10 times when unavoidable. Not happy with it, but as others say the CLs are useful, and may be more so in staycation Britain. Their monthly magazine is a joke, and NEVER prints a critical letter. The Android app is cr*p. This is a commercial business, not a club!
We joined CCC because of the home insurance with 6 months unoccupied, and saved £250 a year over our previous insurer. The CSs and Temporary Holiday Sites have been a useful bonus. They also do ferry and Tunnel discounts. We have the discounted web membership with no printed materials, but the CCC app is more than adequate.

We also only use the certificated sites. Has anyone found a preference between the CCC and the CAMC for the CLs and CSs?

We joined for a year and apart from Abbey Wood to visit London (great) we couldn't see how to really make use of either sites or other benefits. We did try to book the other London site (?) but had to cancel, several weeks in advance, and received a very stiff email warning us of unacceptable behaviour. In general the sites seemed very big, busy, noisy and offer too much eg restaurant, clubhouse etc that we dont use at about 25 per night or we could access cls through other websites anyway. Sure we have missed out in some ways but... Have not found either insurance or ferry discounts the best deal for us, but hear others find differently. For us, AIB insurance, pitchup, freedom camping, UK campsite finder in UK, camper contact, s4s, ata etc abroad and Club Voyage from Brittany Ferries have worked better. But each to their own. Might be worth it for a year to evaluate?

We did try to book the other London site (?) but had to cancel, several weeks in advance, and received a very stiff email warning us of unacceptable behaviour.,,

That's strange as I thought it was OK to cancel anything up to 72 hours before without fear nor favour? That's their published policy anyway.

Within 72 hours and they get the hump.

In here...under Amendments and Cancellations...

Tbh I think that's fair enough. I had to cancel 2 sites within the 72 hours once, as my wife fell ill unexpectedly so we couldn't go away in the MoHo. I contacted the C&MC and they were fine about it and didn't blackmark me.

Last edited:
I belong to both the big Clubs. If I had to ditch one it would be CaMC as they are more expensive and I rarely use their sites or CLs - but they have come in handy on occasion when I've been out and about somewhere that was a bit lacking in C&CC sites and I needed a stop.
I use Commercial sites even less - only when on rallies or meets - in fact I can't remember when I last booked one.

Re CSs and CLs - I wouldn't have the nerve to go on one if I wasn't a member. I can understand that the site owners want to maximise their number of customers but it annoys me that I pay to be a member of a Club and get access to them, but at some any Tom Dick or Harry can just swan up and book in.

Well, having read all these replies, I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to join. I did, however, use a site in Cornwall last September/October which had the club sign at the entrance. It was £15 for the motorhome and 2 of us. The facilities were superb and EHU was included. I think there was room for 15 vans/caravans or tents and the pitches were separated by hedges.

As a member you might still pay £35 night. It's probably only £15 to £20 for a CL site although some field sites with no EHU at sub £10
The Camping and Caravan Club have lots of Temporary Holiday Sites and Weekends from £8 night. Plus Certified Sites at £10 to £20

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back