Caravan Club Hacked

paulhelenwilko

Just had a email from CandMH club to say they are suffering an attack on their systems. It seems even the biggest corporations suffer from these attacks (eg Capita - who administer my pension so no worries there !).

I am sure you have taken every precaution possible Phil, but I was wondering what data Motorhomer has on members ?

Paul.

Just had a email from CandMH club to say they are suffering an attack on their systems. It seems even the biggest corporations suffer from these attacks (eg Capita - who administer my pension so no worries there !).

I am sure you have taken every precaution possible Phil, but I was wondering what data Motorhomer has on members ?
what have you told him?

Paul.
Hi Paul,

The only personal data the system stores is your email address, which is required to send you emails and your birthday if you declare it. We do not store names, addresses or phone numbers.

The payment processors hold all payment details (PayPal and Stripe). All we have in the database is a payment reference number.

The website databases are encrypted, so you could not read them even if you had a copy.

Phil

Last edited:
All i will say is dont print anything you dont want third parties/tax man to read or see, like those cheap copy rolex watches you bought for a dollar on hols and smuggled back in the camper wast water tank to later dry out and sell on ebay or boot sale stalls at a tenner each. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back