Carpet tiles.

TissyD

Another request from Jacki. We want to renew the flooring in the van and wondered if carpet tiles are suitable ? Chris

I replaced the faded light blue carpet in our van with carpet tiles. It's worked out pretty good though on reflection I'd have liked a bit more insulation or softer material. Perfectly functional and very easy to lay. Quite a few inputs on the subject over on the wild side if it helps :) Ron

Another request from Jacki. We want to renew the flooring in the van and wondered if carpet tiles are suitable ? Chris
I used interlocking urethane foam tiles. Easyto cut to shape feel warm are easily cleaned and not very expensive.

I have covered a motorhome floor with B&Q carpet tiles and it worked very well I would certainly do it again. For the tricky bits make cardboard templates and the double sided for the tiles that are small the big ones stay put when hoovering . We have two dogs one of which never seems to stop moulting and it was the best thing when the weather was wet.

I used interlocking urethane foam tiles. Easyto cut to shape feel warm are easily cleaned and not very expensive.
You can get these on eBay with a flock carpet style top that are even warmer and come in a variety of colours and don’t add the weight that carpet tiles do.

I rolled my carpets up in the loft, bagged up against being damaged.

Then went to our local friendly carpet shop and obtained enough offcut for two carpet runners. A donation of £5 in their charity box. Very happy.

Rubber penny floor as used in lifts,easy clean,you can then put a rug or mate down for feet.

You can get these on eBay with a flock carpet style top that are even warmer and come in a variety of colours and don’t add the weight that carpet tiles do.
I got a sample of a cork topped urethane tile but it started to curl up a bit so not too sure they would stay flat when laid over a bigger area.

i’ve used capet tiles in my last 3 vans last about 3 years before they start to look shabby mainly down to a large setter tracking everything through, this time i have tried carpet planks ( instead of 600x600 they are 1000x 300) which look to be a very good job going the full width of the van but only time will tell , one full box so £40 2D7362D2-3432-4CFA-ADDA-C317752EA982.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back