Carver Cascade 2 / Henry water heater

snapster

Carver Cascade 2 / Henry water heater

My Carver Cascade 2 water heater developed a fault where the burner wouldn’t light.
I couldn’t get a new Carver burner unit so ordered a Henry burner and control switch
The Henry unit has a different gas fitting which is also supplied and has to be changed.
Now, I am having the original burner repaired but seem to have lost the original gas fitting.
Does anyone know where I can get one of these fittings from or has anyone changed their burner and got the original gas fitting spare and would like to sell it to me?

why can't you use the henry fitting ? can you put a pic of it on as i can't visualise it ta

The original fitting has a flat face and the mating side of the burner is also flat with an O ring seal between the two faces.
the Henry fitting has a male fitting that fits into a recess in the face of the Henry burner. The original fitting has to be replaced by the Henry fitting.
its the original fitting that I appear to have put “ somewhere safe”!

I have attached an image of the Henry fitting. The original, also attached, does not have the “nipple” but a flat face

Attachments

• photo1791.jpg
    photo1791.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1793.jpg
    photo1793.jpg
    852 bytes · Views: 0
Thanks. I got one from Brookside caravans. Got the van home today and changed the Henry module for the newly repaired Carver module.
It was a bit difficult to get the Henry module out. The plastic pcb cover had melted at the bottom and there are scorch marks on the floor, looks like this Henry module is a dangerous thing to have in your van!
glad mines out!
i contacted the company who makes / imports these modules about this unit being faulty, but after two weeks they haven’t replied.
Ill send them a photo of the module to see if that wakes them up a bit!

I’ll try and attach a photo somewhere.

Last edited:
You can see the melted part and above it, the case is starting to melt too.
A fire waiting to happen?

Attachments

• photo2031.jpg
    photo2031.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That's scary, cos the Henrys seem to be the , Go to, product, as an affordable alternative to the Carver.

I bought a Henry to fit into a van we’re building, but decided against it as the quality was rubbish.. it was a second hand unit, but from a modern caravan?

The Henry unit, with gas fitting and new control panel cost me £154. I just had my original Carver unit refurbished for £102. This included new burner cage, pcb repair and fully tested with a 12 month warranty. Sent it away Wednesday and got it back Friday am.
The Carver unit is far better made and operates much quieter.
The Henry unit seems like cheap Chinese junk in comparison.

Just in case anyone wants the details of where I got my Carver burner unit repaired, I used http://www.arelectronics.co.uk
i have no connection to them other than a very satisfied customer, and as these units are obsolete and the only alternative is, in my experience dangerously defective, any info about getting the original repaired would be of great benefit to others in a similar position to me

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back