Cassette Trouble

beryboy

Hi All,

Have just cleaned out toilet and cassette and refilled. When putting it back it is sticking halfway in and won't go further. I can't see what is stopping it and am frightened to force it as the fittings are only plastic.
Any help/advice please
\cheers Bertyboy

You don't say which make and model of toilet you have, to be precise we need to know.
As a start I'd suggest that the device that opens /closes the flap is not in the correct position, either the part in the van or the part on the cassette.

As above, I would say the flap is not lined up. Both have to be in the closed position I think.

Agree with EuroJohn, sounds like the the valve on the cassette and the holder are not in alignment.
Not sure if your system is the same but I have to have the valve shut on our cassette to be able to refit it.
Keith

A couple of things I've got wrong in the past...
First, make sure the lever on the loo itself is in the closed position, as well as the sliding 'trapdoor' on the cassette.
Then, if you have a removable sliding bit on the cassette, it's perfectly possible to put it back the wrong way round... but maybe that's only me :oops::giggle:

A couple of things I've got wrong in the past...
First, make sure the lever on the loo itself is in the closed position, as well as the sliding 'trapdoor' on the cassette.
Then, if you have a removable sliding bit on the cassette, it's perfectly possible to put it back the wrong way round... but maybe that's only me :oops::giggle:
You are not alone.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back