Cello tv’s

I fitted a new12 volt 19 inch Cello tv in my van today, marvellous bit of equipment, full HD, built in Freeview and Sat,what more do you want, so now looking for a portable Sat Dish with LNB, any recommendations ?
Depending on where you are, I've got a complete setup, complete with a tripod lurking in the back of my garage. It's quite a few years old but has only been used twice when we were tuggers, I was going to bin it, but it's still here. You are more than welcome to it

Ah Hoppy. what a wonderful gesture, I live way up North in Scotland, in fact North of Inverness, I can send you a cheque for the postage, Mobile to text is 07718319430 will eagerly await your reply.
Regards
Tommy

I bought two new ones last year, a 22" model and the 20" model, they both have twin tuners and can play dvds, they have two HDMI' I use a firestick on them for viewing when out of the country. Don't have any problems with viewing angles or picture or sound quality. When I took one of them out of the box and plugged it in there was a verticals stripe on the screen picture, took a photo and emailed them, they sent me a new one out straight away by courier who collected the faulty one. Certainly great value for money and very easy to set up and retune.

Ah Hoppy. what a wonderful gesture, I live way up North in Scotland, in fact North of Inverness, I can send you a cheque for the postage, Mobile to text is 07718319430 will eagerly await your reply.
Regards
Tommy
Hi young fella, sorry not to have got back to you sooner, but things got in the way. Anyway today I have managed to extricate the kit and tripod and everything seems to be there in the holdall. If you will send me your address in a pm/conversation, I'll get them weighed and get a quote or two for shipping it all up to the frozen north

Cello TV's originate from the old Ferguson brand which were Thorn EMI popular in the 60's 70's 80's. From the Cello website they are resurrecting the Ferguson brand. We have a 22" HD one for around £120, can't fault picture quality, also good viewing angle. Sound is poor but have a pair of cheap speakers from Lidl. Quite like the Traveller one with the built in battery. Nice that you can buy a UK made TV at a reasonable price, with TV's like the Avtex costing at least twice as much it's a no brainer.

This looks interesting for use in the van SOLAR TV

Last edited:
Which model is this? Been searching for one with rechargeable battery pack and can't seem to find one. Unless it is not clear from descriptions! Thanks

The model you require is the Cello C22277TS-S2 22". Rechargeable battery, full HD LED TV with built in Freeview T2 and satellite tuner (Energy class A)
All that for the Amazon bargain price at min of £199.99 inc next day delivery...Fantastic value.

Also recharge time is 2 hrs and expect viewing time after full charge of between 8 to 10 hours

Hope this helps

Hi young fella, sorry not to have got back to you sooner, but things got in the way. Anyway today I have managed to extricate the kit and tripod and everything seems to be there in the holdall. If you will send me your address in a pm/conversation, I'll get them weighed and get a quote or two for shipping it all up to the frozen north

Item arrived in good condition, will make a donation to the Highland Hospice and Help for Heroes, hope that's ok with you, and once again thanks for taking the trouble to send it to me.

Where I wild camp, most times I cant get a radio signal never mind a TV signal, so I hope the dish will help.
Regards
TQ

Item arrived in good condition, will make a donation to the Highland Hospice and Help for Heroes, hope that's ok with you, and once again thanks for taking the trouble to send it to me.

Where I wild camp, most times I cant get a radio signal never mind a TV signal, so I hope the dish will help.
Regards
TQ
Glad that you managed to fight your way through all that tape and bin bags, best of luck my friend . We rely on cd's and charity shop dvd's when off grid, especially in Europe. I couldn't manage the faff of trying to get even more tv bilge, so I'm just grateful to be able to unload the problem onto someone else. Seriously though, you are welcome and really I don't need to know how you make the thanks gesture, it's purely a personal thing.

We have one ! It plays dvd's and stuff via a usb slot (memory sticks etc) and while the sound is not particularly good, it's, for us anyway, fine. It also has a facility to use as a pc screen too. We do have a plug in speaker to use on the odd occasion.
Yep you got it right .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back