Challenging repair.…

75 quid mig welder of Ebay lolol
Ah OK, was MAGS aka Metal Active Gas Shielded. MIG aka Metal Inert Gas ( Shielded) MIG welding is used to weld aluminium, which required Pure Argon, an inert gas. If MAGS welding, this is normally Low Carbon Steel, or Stainless Steel. Copy paste for explanation of gas mix.

MAG stands for Metal Active Gas. Active gas mixtures have been developed primarily for welding steels. Typical shielding gases are mixtures of argon, carbon dioxide and oxygen e.g. CO2 , Ar + 2 to 5% O2 , Ar + 5 to 25% CO2 and Ar + 10% CO2 + 5% O 2 .

Now you have been edumacated Jeffrey, you will sleep tonight....................did I mention flux core? LOL

Ah OK, was MAGS aka Metal Active Gas Shielded. MIG aka Metal Inert Gas ( Shielded) MIG welding is used to weld aluminium, which required Pure Argon, an inert gas. If MAGS welding, this is normally Low Carbon Steel, or Stainless Steel. Copy paste for explanation of gas mix.

MAG stands for Metal Active Gas. Active gas mixtures have been developed primarily for welding steels. Typical shielding gases are mixtures of argon, carbon dioxide and oxygen e.g. CO2 , Ar + 2 to 5% O2 , Ar + 5 to 25% CO2 and Ar + 10% CO2 + 5% O 2 .

Now you have been edumacated Jeffrey, you will sleep tonight....................did I mention flux core? LOL
mine is flux core lolol

This can do the trick Jeff, just dont sit on it 😁
I got a £60 stick welder from Aldi many years ago, thought it would be rubbish but needed something quick. Turned out to be a great little welder, stuck a couple of trikes together even with my pidgin shite weld lol

Thank goodness for flap wheels 😂👍👍

I got a £60 stick welder from Aldi many years ago, thought it would be rubbish but needed something quick. Turned out to be a great little welder, stuck a couple of trikes together even with my pidgin shite weld lol

I have had my 140 amp stick welders for decades and still work's well. I bought new from a rep who supplied the company I worked for at the time with our welding consumables, I paid £40. Has got me out the bit a few times.

Very true Neil lololol

Jeff and Neil, during my induction to new group starting my welding evening class, went as follows "after 12 weeks, you will either be a good welder or a good grinder" 😁
OR, if you become a good grindr, it could be a typo or an inclination; if the former, it may encourage a trial welding run in the boxer shorts area before leaning forward at the welding bench ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Last edited:
OR, if you become a good grindr, it could be a typo or an inclination; if the former, it may encourage a trial welding run in the boxer shorts area before leaning forward at the welding bench ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Isn't Grindr a Gay dating App LOL. Whoops!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back