Chausson 720 Titanium Solar prewired?

PieterH

Free Member

New member here. I purchased a Chausson 720 Titanium (2020), previously I owned a Ford Transit Mk3 and a Mk4 motorhome and a Fiat Ducato X250. I travelled most of Europe countries, and am technically skilled ( also own a VW T4 and replaced injectors, timing belt, clutch and gearbox myself to give you an idea).
The Chausson has a sticker with a solar panel in the cabinet above the kitchen, next to the boiler control. This makes me think it's prewired , but for a solar panel or for a solar controller?. I read the post about the 2022 Chausson 640 Titanium Ultimate which comes with a combo mppt dc-dc charger near the leisure battery, but mines not an ultimate. Any pointers if I'm right it's just prewired? I'm getting the motorhome next week so I'm pre studying :).

Makes sense to pre-wire for solar these days but can't answer your question

I would suspect pre-wired for a controller and make your own hole in the roof :(

Had a Swift That was pre-wired. What a mess. They had stuck the flap down with something like Sikaflex. When I got the flap open there was a piece of cable in the bottom about 20mm long. No hope of connecting anything to it. So much for pre-wired Swift style. Hope you have better luck.

We did a nice solar installation on Gordon the Lairds Hymer A Class recently. Not prewired for solar in any way but some lovely conduit all ready in place to take the solar cable to the battery and not a single hole made in the roof (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back