Cheeky %&£@

Wouldn't go to Cornwall if they were paying me! Too much anti motorhome etc feelings from the locals. The same locals are now baying for a 'second home tax' to be levied on outsiders who want to buy holiday homes in Cornwall.
Seems they want to keep everyone out, but then moan because their local economy is dying....
Just too much trouble for me, I'll find a welcome elsewhere.....

Last edited:
Wouldn't go to Cornwell if they were paying me! Too much anti motorhome etc feelings from the locals. The same locals are now baying for a 'second home tax' to be levied on outsiders who want to buy holiday homes in Cornwall.
Seems they want to keep everyone out, but then moan because their local economy is dying....
You're not wrong but the same could be applied to any holiday hotspot in Uk
Been going to Cornwall [particularly St Ives] for over 50 years , off and on .
Just had a week down there in the van only drawback was it was school holidays .

Agreed its getting the same in a lot of popular spots, they can afford to be abusive to us as they know they'll be overrun with holidaymakers anyway. They can still kiss my bum, same as a lot of the east coast of Yorks/humbs .
I prefer to spend my dollar in small quiet village type places that never seem to get busy with tourists, always found them to be more appreciative of my patronage. Also prefer solitude & quiet so it s a win both ways for me....

Wouldn't go to Cornwall if they were paying me! Too much anti motorhome etc feelings from the locals. The same locals are now baying for a 'second home tax' to be levied on outsiders who want to buy holiday homes in Cornwall.
We haven’t met any antagonism from our locals here!!😀😀I'm pleased to say.

I just say as I see, last time I was going to Scarborough regularly, I was issued with a parking fine even though the place I was parked was not subject to traffic control. Fought it & had it quashed, then the sea life centre became a no go area, Similar experience in Whitby, not feeling the love, so not been back. Lots of small quiet villages dotted around, with quality butchers, bakers etc that welcome me, so that's where I go now....

I will book it for next week, if you go halves with me Paul :eek::cool:
Would love to, Jeff..
Apart from getting our 2nd jabs tomorrow, it's a rather long walk.
There's no flights, there's increased lock down restrictions, here..... and we don't know if they'd let us back in, unless we can stay 2 weeks there and quarantine with you.
Then we have to quarantine again, if and when we ever get back to Portugal.
So, I'd take that as a " No , if I was you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back