Chinese Heater Install - First time use.

After some thought, I have decided to cancel my plans for fitting my log burner & fit one of these instead. Much less mess I reckon, no dust or soot or damp wood stored in the bus, plus the space I was going to use is large enough to fit a diesel heater & still have room for a fridge & more storage. Will be using a separate tank to feed it so as not to disturb the existing setup.

But where can you buy it in small quantities? Local suppliers only deliver large amounts & will not let you collect from the depot.
This is always a problem. I was discussing this topic a year ago with someone at Moffat (sorry, can't recall whom) and they told me that at 'normal' quantities, they were quoted well over £1/litre and even then was hard to get.
28Sec Heating Oil aka Kerosene is actually better than either normal Road Diesel or Red Diesel for the heater - burns cleaner and less choking (it is a common recommendation for anyone running a Diesel Heater on regular fuel to occasional have a stint on Kerosene or Paraffin).

Whereabouts are you based, Gregg?

After some thought, I have decided to cancel my plans for fitting my log burner & fit one of these instead. Much less mess I reckon, no dust or soot or damp wood stored in the bus, plus the space I was going to use is large enough to fit a diesel heater & still have room for a fridge & more storage. Will be using a separate tank to feed it so as not to disturb the existing setup.
I would love a log burner, if my van wasn’t over 3.5t and me getting closer to 70 I would fit one. However it would be additional to a diesel heater not instead off. Good choice methinks Gregg 👍

This is always a problem. I was discussing this topic a year ago with someone at Moffat (sorry, can't recall whom) and they told me that at 'normal' quantities, they were quoted well over £1/litre and even then was hard to get.
28Sec Heating Oil aka Kerosene is actually better than either normal Road Diesel or Red Diesel for the heater - burns cleaner and less choking (it is a common recommendation for anyone running a Diesel Heater on regular fuel to occasional have a stint on Kerosene or Paraffin).

Whereabouts are you based, Gregg?
I'm just outside Pontefract. Will be looking into supplies shortly as I intend to fit one in my bus now. My old man heats his house with 28sec, which he buys 1300 litres at a time, shall have to see where the drain tap is on his tank.....😈

I'm just outside Pontefract. Will be looking into supplies shortly as I intend to fit one in my bus now. My old man heats his house with 28sec, which he buys 1300 litres at a time, shall have to see where the drain tap is on his tank.....😈
Get yourself a 20 litre Jerrycan and pump some from your dads tank when you visit. 20L will last a good length of time :)

I use a repurposed oil change pump (https://amzn.to/2TBIfuz) to both pump from big 1000L tank into Jerrycan and then as neccessary from Jerrycan to heater tank. Find it works very well :D

But where can you buy it in small quantities? Local suppliers only deliver large amounts & will not let you collect from the depot.
On one of my deliveries of Kerosene, I asked the driver if he could put some into my 20L container (save pumping it out the big tank) and he said he couldn't because of the way it is pumped out, which makes total sense as the outlet nozzle is so large and the speed of the pumping is so fast, so it does make sense that the suppliers will not deliver except to big tanks (and wouldn't be surprised if they were also legally obligated to only deliver into a bunded tank as well).

After installing one myself in my 1990 bedouin I know how hard it is to follow the instructions for start up so I have written tese out - taken from You Tube video (first time install on Chinese heater LCD monitor) Hope they help anyone in similar position. I am well pleased with mine so any questions please ask.
Thanks Fergie1061 for the instructions will find them helpful when I fit mine.
Did you buy your heater from a UK supplier? At the moment I'm getting a few bits towards my next van build not found the right van yet but am putting things together to save time when I do. Some things will swop over but the heater I need to get and would prefer to buy from UK.

I have just purchased a 5kw freestanding unit to install in our house utility room , the unit will fit at the rear on the floor and I can pipe the exhaust and separate fuel tank , as well as a 12v battery on the other side of the wall that is a outside lean too , there is no way we can install a radiator in this room so we have opted for this set up . Will keep you posted when I install it (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back