Citroen C1 1.0 litre Automatic

Pauljenny

Just been offered a very tempting offer on a new one .
Can anyone talk me out of buying it .!
At least it'll save me the pain and grief of having to choose the Child Bride's Xmas present.

Everyone that I know has one loves it. It’s also known as a Toyota Aygo and Peugeot 107.

Thanks, Bill
The Honest John website, my " go to ", for motor info , says much the same.
He doesn't like semi auto boxes, actually warning to avoid the VW group ones.
He says of the C1. .. " Only buy the Auto, if you can't drive the manual"
Damning with faint praise..?
As the model has been on sale for 5 years, I would like to hear from someone who has owned one.

No experience with the C1 Paul but I had a new C4 coupe a few years back with the flappy paddle gear change as well as conventional stick. Although I never bothered with the paddles (change was too slow) I found it okay leaving in drive. Caz always complained it was jerky on change and always accused me of racing when I wasn’t. don’t know if the C1 has the same setup though.

I will add that in two Grand C4’s that son in law had it didn’t do the same thing at all and change was much smoother.

edit: I may have been lucky but I took my car test in an auto after my accident back in 78. I have always had auto boxes and I have never had a problem operationally or mechanically with any of them. Nearest I got was needing the kick down cables adjusting on a 3.0 Capri that didn’t kick down properly. The mechanic considered that to be routine maintenance and was a quick and cheap fix

Paul wife he had new one few years ago a so loved it great in snow and brilliant on fuel only time n dealership other than service was for recalls
We actually went to France in it when I came out of hospital Fiona done all the driving as I couldnt and we still talk about it all t o this day loads of room esp with rear seat down
Wouldn’t hesitate to have another one
Regards Gordon

Last edited:
Hi Paul, we have a manual 107 on a ‘12 plate, and love it to bits. Very convenient to park, extremely economical to run and added benefit of no road tax.
Wouldn’t like to do really long journeys as it is basically designed as a ‘city car’ and just meant for popping here and there and not particularly for comfort. With just the two of you, you could put the back seats down and have an enormous boot.
Overall, it’s good fun to drive and a pleasure to own.
Hope this helps.

From a Bentley to a C1 in a year. You’ll need to stay out the bookies Paul.😜
Don't knock it Wully..
I've still got the difference between what I got for the Bentley and what I'm paying for the modern 2CV , in the bank..
If Bill says the Citroen's a goodie... That'll do for me.

Roger dont you remember the days when you put the back seats down for something else 🛌 ? , it was more of a priority than an enormous boot :eek:;)
Don't worry, Jeff . .
We asked if we could give it an extended test drive.
We checked it's hill climbing and running capabilities, whether it would be ok getting up our lane, with 3 up. Folded down the rear seats and fully reclined the front ones . We checked it be ok for a little light how's yer father.
It was.....
The salesman was most impressed.

Many thanks to all who responded on here.
Not one dissenter.
We collected the little beauty today.

I'm really sorry to respond to your request for information on the Citroen C1 1.0 litre Automatic so late in the day, Paul.
Sadly I have to advise you to avoid it like the plague. it's probably the very worse car that's ever been produced.
I hope I'm not too late with my input.

Colkin :):):)

I'm really sorry to respond to your request for information on the Citroen C1 1.0 litre Automatic so late in the day, Paul.
Sadly I have to advise you to avoid it like the plague. it's probably the very worse car that's ever been produced.

Hi Colkin, welcome to the forum :D

🤢
Perhaps yours was a Friday afternoon lemon . ?
We've got 3 years warranty and more than half of the money from the van to play with .

🤪

🤢
Perhaps yours was a Friday afternoon lemon . ?
We've got 3 years warranty and more than half of the money from the van to play with .

🤪

Damn.
You saw through my cunning disguise.
Unlike Chris. 😂😂😂
I hope you and the C1 have a long, stress-free and happy life together.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back