Cleaning pipes

I frequently use cheap supermarket Cola in my waste tank. It certainly kills the smells. How it would react in pipes is probably ok, but if there are metal fittings in the system it might be more of an issue when you see what it does to coins. I seem to recall it contains phosphoric and citric acids (albeit probably very dilute). Puriclean (powder or tablet) seems to be formulated specifically for the task of sterilising pipe work and fresh tanks.

Davy

As said above Puriclean is proprietary and also safe to draw through the boiler too.

I use cheap Lidl or Aldi cola about 40 p a large bottle,put 4 bottles down the plug drains inc shower,drive around for a bit then dump it out
works and cheaper than elsan drain clean
another tip is scrape plates etc clear before washing in the sink as it stops all crap getting down and into waste tank which also helps reduce odour in very hot weather etc

Don‘t use Coca-Cola - it’s too expensive. I used 8 bottles of the cheapest from Asda.

it works. If you stand amazed, put a couple of copper coins in some for a short while - this is your version of money laundering ;)

I decant the Tesco cola into my old virgin Pammy bottle,it has a lovely feeling holding it. Don’t know if the cola works though

Don’t use Coka Cola, it’s far too expensive.
The cheapest Lidl/Aldi coke is good enough for what you need.
At the end of your camp, empty your grey water and make sure the drain tap is closed before pouring a couple of bottles of Coke down the sinks, and then drive home.
The Coke will do a very good job of cleaning the inside of your grey tank, and can then be discarded into a drain or similar. This will also cut down on any unwelcome smells from the plug holes.

One thing to remember is definitely don't let garlic get into the waste tank.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back