Cleaning Roof With Solar Panels Installed

With a drip hose, long soft brushes and ladders. Don't know what products they use.

I would suggest care taken if trying to wash underneath a solar panel as there is a risk - albeit small - that cables could be pulled with brushes or water going into junction boxes if using a high pressure washer.
I spent literally hours washing the roof of my van (first time done it 14 years I bet) before I fitted all the 'roof furniture' and now I would just spray a standard hose under anything but go no farther than that.

10 years, 1500 nights in old van.
Never cleaned the roof.
Get a grey van - not white - no issues :)

Solar panels are the twenty-first century's answer to carpets. Just sweep all the leaves and twigs underneath.

Unless you live next to a steel mill or quarry and it hardly ever rains, the panels rarely get dirty enough to be worth the risk of getting up to clean them and as for the rest of the roof, it is strictly out of sight out of mind.

I just clean around them with a soft brush, and a hose underneath helps remove leaves and cobwebs.

I gave the roof a good wash and polish before I fitted the panels so hopefully I can just wash the roof around the panel and the panel itself, but if it gets really dirty under the panel then I suppose a long thin stick an microfibre cloth might do it, failing that if it was so dirty it was bothering me I would take the screws out from around the edges an lift it up,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back