Cleaning water tank

Mobilvetta

Hi now we are back in the UK I thought I would empty the water tank and give it a good clean, on opening the inspection hatch I could not believe how much sand and debris there is in the tank. I have tried reading the instructions but cannot full empty the tank, I pulled a plug out from the top of a plastic extension, but is there away of also taking that extension out so that I can full drain it. I have put pictures up off the extension and the instructions, but I can't make Jean no tale of them. Once I do manage to get the tank fully empty, what would you suggest to use to clean the sand and bits out. Cannot believe all that dirt in the tank is from just 3 months use.

IMG_20190403_103142.jpgIMG_20190403_103045.jpgIMG_20190403_103029.jpgIMG_20190403_102906.jpg

As I read the instructions if you want to empty completely you lift the arm and twist it to remove the extension. If you want to drain but leave 20ltr you lift the arm and pull it out of the extension.

Thanks, I've tried that but it doesn't say whether you need to turn it clockwise or anti clockwise and I don't want to break it and the plug just seems to turn inside the extension.

Thanks, I've tried that but it doesn't say whether you need to turn it clockwise or anti clockwise and I don't want to break it and the plug just seems to turn inside the extension.
Try turning it without lifting the arm

I assume you can get an arm down through the hatch to access the plug. This being the case then the most efficient way to remove the sand is to drain the tank of as much water as possible, then using a clean wet sponge wipe it around the floor of the tank as far as you can reach. Remove the sponge and dip it into a bucket containing some clean water. Virtually all of the sand will fall off the sponge to the bottom of the bucket. Squeeze the sponge to remove the water and repeat until you have collected as much sand as you can. You may have to part fill the tank again and swirl the water around to move any remaining sand into your accessible reach. This is a very efficient way of getting the sand and other bits of debris out of dinghies and other boats, so well proven.

The joys of motorhoming!

Davy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back