Collapsible Kettles

DTDOG

I was watching a TV programme last night about motorhoming (I think it was called Millionaire Motorhomes or something like that?). Anyway, they did a review on collapsible kettles and my question is:-
Has anyone got one of these and what's their opinion of how they work and how they last?

My concern would be the constant collapsing would end up causing the plastic (rubber or whatever the material is made of) to split. They seem expensive so are they worth the extra cost over a normal kettle to gain a few inches in cupboard space.

I had the same thoughts about collapsible buckets, but a kettle? barking.

I was watching a TV programme last night about motorhoming (I think it was called Millionaire Motorhomes or something like that?). Anyway, they did a review on collapsible kettles and my question is:-
Has anyone got one of these and what's their opinion of how they work and how they last?

My concern would be the constant collapsing would end up causing the plastic (rubber or whatever the material is made of) to split. They seem expensive so are they worth the extra cost over a normal kettle to gain a few inches in cupboard space.
We have an Outwell version like the one that the reviewer liked the best. It’s very good, had it for 7 years and still going well, no signs of the silicone material degrading at all.

We have the outwell kettle like the one that came out top, it’s about 8 or 9 years old now, and is still as good as it was when new

We have an Outwell version like the one that the reviewer liked the best. It’s very good, had it for 7 years and still going well, no signs of the silicone material degrading at all.
Me too, excellent piece of kit as is the bucket.

I have a collapsible kettle. Find it excellent and use it on both Gas and Induction Hobs.
Also have a few other collapsible things such as small waterbowls, drainer, bucket, etc and find them useful.

Best of all is the collapsible washing up bowl. Perfect size to fit in the sink. When pushed in, can keep the collapsible kettle UNDER the bowl and the sink lid fits neatly on top of the bowl. Then to use simply take the kettle out if still underneath and push the bowl down to extend.

We've had two collapsible buckets and two collapsible rectangular sink bowls split at a join between the hard plastic and silicone. We've replaced the both with 'rigid' equivalents. I guess you get what you pay for, as at least one of each was from B&M.

We've had two collapsible buckets and two collapsible rectangular sink bowls split at a join between the hard plastic and silicone. We've replaced the both with 'rigid' equivalents. I guess you get what you pay for, as at least one of each was from B&M.
I have had the same with stuff from Aldi and camping accessory stores. I hardly ever used them though so it may be they were left collapsed too long or maybe just cheap

We have a small collapsible kettle and it's very good, we also have two collapsible cooking pots, we cook on gas and they are fine. Well worth it if space is at a premium!

I had a collapsible wife once, just add beer.

Outwell version working well here(y).
Mmm don't think I would risk a camp fire but induction and gas hob, it works very well. Could do with a whistle for when it boils but otherwise can't fault it.

We have one, used regularly for past 6+ years. When folded it’s fits in the oven.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back