Comet florenz tap cartridge replacement how to

Vanterrier

My shower-room basin Comet Florenz tap started to leak. Direct replacement was found here ( there maybe other, cheaper ones?)
So, picture of leaking tap for i.d.
20230330_160103.jpg
Remove (destroy) small plastic blue/red cap to reveal screw
20230411_105938.jpg
Remove handle to see
20230411_110101.jpg
You can see one of three screws from here, but you need to carefully pull the spout outwards from the tower/cover and then gently prise off the chrome cover get access to the screws.
20230411_111901.jpg
Now remove three screws and remove white plastic cover
20230411_112021.jpg
Remove cartridge, mine is a Kerox 130712 according to stamps on the cartridge.
Reassembly should be a reverse of the above as they say.
Good luck
K ;)

Last edited:
Generally, if you take these sorts of cartridge apart, you can turn the shaped rubber washer over and get several more years of service from them.

The manufacturers really need to consider some standardisation of tap cartridges. Our home mixer tap cartridge failed on Christmas Day a few years ago. I managed a bodge that meant I didn't need to turn off the water stop cock.

My issue was that shortly after I drove all around East Sussex and although I was shown dozens of the things (all the same overall dims) none of them precisely matched mine. In the end I bought a new mixer tap complete with cartridge.

Cancelled order on Leisureshopdirect. It annoys me when companies take an order but have no stock and no real idea when their backorder will arrive.
Order now placed with Peak Leisure so let's hope they will deliver quickly🤞

Cancelled order on Leisureshopdirect. It annoys me when companies take an order but have no stock and no real idea when their backorder will arrive.
What have you had to order? I thought it was fixed? or just stripped ready for new cartridge?

FWIW, when I did mine I went for a generic cartridge rather than manufacturer specific (They are probably interchangeable between loads of taps) - I bought this from Amazon - https://amzn.to/3MUeJvy . Pack of 2 for £8 (so 4 quid each including delivery).
For my tap I have to file down the cartridge locating pins ever so slightly so they would drop in the holes and sit down fully but apart from that, did the job.

................. FWIW, when I did mine I went for a generic cartridge rather than manufacturer specific (They are probably interchangeable between loads of taps) ..........
Possibly not. A neighbour had a box full of the blessed things, and each of them either dribbled or didn't quite work.

Hmmm... this is turning into a drama... Peak leisure have just refunded me as they don't have stock either grrr... looks like I might have to try a generic cartridge despite my concerns they might not fit correctly...
Most cartridges are 35mm mine is 25mm
Watch this space

K :(

Last edited:
I only use that company as a very last resort - they take the pizzaz with their delivery price, then as you discovered they don't actually carry any stock themselves.

I might try Geek's recommendation and turn the seals upside down. They are not skinny washers on mine, more like tubes that fit into the apertures... Ill take more pics to show what I mean.
I noticed that all the generic 25 cartridges I can find on line so far don't have the screw hole in the top of the square like the original.
Job for tomorrow...
K :rolleyes:

I think that would be worth a try now you know how to disassemble the tap easily (y)
It sounds like it should work by flipping the o-ring over. Nothing to lose trying :)

Have now ordered a third cartridge from Di-Vapor this time and hope it will be ok when it arrives...
Meanwhile, I cleaned the existing cartridge and glued the seals back in place and upside down. They protrude from the cartridge base so if they don't move on reassembly they might provide sufficient seal???
See photos of the tube like seals ( not o-rings) and the finished job.
20230421_121244.jpg
20230421_122151.jpg20230421_121312.jpg
K ;)

Last edited:
All good info there for someone who is trying to maintain a tap like yours (y)

Interesting with the seals there. The bigger more common cartridge definately has an o-ring type seal and not one that goes into a hole that that.

Di-Vapor cartridge arrived today and looks good, even has screwhole in top...
20230422_163206.jpg
Will fit tomorrow
K ;)

Di-Vapor cartridge arrived today and looks good, even has screwhole in top...
View attachment 67007
Will fit tomorrow
K ;)
That new one looks a lot nicer :) (I think it is also the 'reversable' O-ring style).

PS. The locating pins on the new one look slightly larger. check it drops into position as easily as the old one. If it doesn't seat down fully and complete;y it won't seal.

All done and no leak:)

Yes the locating pins did need reducing but was easy to do, everything went back together OK and system pressurised with no dribble.
Job done.
K ;)

All done and no leak:)

Yes the locating pins did need reducing but was easy to do, everything went back together OK and system pressurised with no dribble.
Job done.
K ;)
good stuff. I had that pin issue with mine which is why I noticed.

Any complications/gotchas on the reassembly? I think your thread may be the only one on the internet discussing maintenance of this type of tap!

Blimey! Fame?

No there were no gotchas, everything went smoothly but glad I took photos on dismantling for reference... good practice I always feel on fiddly jobs
K ;)

Kitchen mixer tap on my Adria Coral started leaking when we were away in Hereford last week. not repairable and a replacement tap was £127 so just bought a standard kitchen mixer tap that looked exactly the same, £10.60 on ebay. took 40 mins to change-out the tap and new one works perfectly. thank you Adria for not fitting microswitch taps.

Kitchen mixer tap on my Adria Coral started leaking when we were away in Hereford last week. not repairable and a replacement tap was £127 so just bought a standard kitchen mixer tap that looked exactly the same, £10.60 on ebay. took 40 mins to change-out the tap and new one works perfectly. thank you Adria for not fitting microswitch taps.
I think the problem with having to do like-for-like swaps like such as such is not the presense of a microswitch but that the tap folds down. How many standard kitchen mixer taps have a folding spout?

Apologies for hijacking someone elses thread but its very relevant. I have leaking tap in bathroom and not surprisingly after a bit of fiddling its getting worse. Its definitely a comet, and after a bit of trawling I'm damn sure its a Comet Roma. I'd like to try 'just' changing the cartridge, partly on the basis that would be easier than changing the whole thing (putting the cost issue to one side which is self evident). Having got the cap off, I've not satisfied myself of the best way to get the cartridge out. Also now particularly cautious given the posting here about broken tabs on the lock ring.

Have not been able to find anything on t'internet about changing cartridges in this specific tap.

Lock ring and cartridge.jpgtap.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back