Compass Navigator 360rl grey waste outlet

SophieWorthing

Free Member

Hi everyone
My name is Sophie and I'm new on here so please treat me gently if I ask silly questions every now and then. My problem is I have a Compass Navigator 360rl 1997 and I'm trying to locate the grey waste outlet.There is one pipe at the rear of the van but this seems to empty the fresh water out but I cannot seem to find another outlet pipe that just emptied the grey/waste water. I'm probably being a bit dim (which has been known) is it secreted away somewhere. Please help. Thanks in advance. Sophie

If you run water in a sink does it flow straight out? If you try you will see where the waste point is. I am assuming there is a tank and a drain tap and tap is open 👍

Don’t know your van but it might have a handle located under the sill somewhere which needs to be pulled to open a slider type valve under your grey tank. Some vans have this setup, if so there may also be a sprung clip to push aside while you do this.

Thanks for all your replies I've looked underneath all around the van and I can't see anything that could be a pipe.

It may not have a pipe, it may exit straight from the grey tank outlet. There should be some kind of handle to either turn that operates a ball valve on the tank or you pull to open a slide valve and push to close. My water runs out of the sinks/shower at different speed depending what angle the van is at. I never bother with levelling ramps unless Mrs is with me :)

Do you have an owners' manual? If not, try https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/attachments/compass-owners-manual-pdf.626/

On page 8 of the pdf, it states:
"Waste Water Drainage:
Connected to all waste water tanks is a flexible extension pipe
with a control tap. This is clipped to the motorhome valance in a
place related to the waste water tank's position. When it becomes
necessary to empty the tank or tanks, the pipe should be
unclipped and directed towards a specified waste water point.
The control tap is then opened to empty the tank's contents, the
tap should always be closed after emptying the tanks."

Yes I have the manual but it doesn't say where the grey tank is. And the only pipe I can see is the one that empties the fresh water. I'll crawl around on the floor a bit to try and locate it. It's got to be somewhere. Just out of interest would the waste tank be near to the shower as that seems to be the lowest point on the van. But thanks for all your help so far. Sophie

A few years ago we had an old Swift Royale. The waste outlet was a flexible pipe with a tap on it that clipped up behind the side valence(?) You wouldn’t know it was there unless you looked under the van.

A few years ago we had an old Swift Royale. The waste outlet was a flexible pipe with a tap on it that clipped up behind the side valence(?) You wouldn’t know it was there unless you looked under the van.
Mine runs along the inside of the drivers side chassis rail but the valve is on tank outlet. Had the van over 4 years and only recently realised the pipe unclips after a bit of off road reversing had it drop lol.
Completely different van to OP though but thought valve on tank was better idea, hopefully wouldn’t lose valve if pipe got pulled off

Hi everyone
My name is Sophie and I'm new on here so please treat me gently if I ask silly questions every now and then. My problem is I have a Compass Navigator 360rl 1997 and I'm trying to locate the grey waste outlet.There is one pipe at the rear of the van but this seems to empty the fresh water out but I cannot seem to find another outlet pipe that just emptied the grey/waste water. I'm probably being a bit dim (which has been known) is it secreted away somewhere. Please help. Thanks in advance. Sophie
Were you a member of Motorhomefun Forum, Sophie? I think we exchanged messages last Summer re my previous life living in Worthing and working in County Hall, Chichester... If not. my apologies (and welcome to Motorhomer, wherever you arrived from 👍)

Steve

Thanks so much guys (and girls) for all your suggestions, I'm off work tomorrow so I'll get down and get dirty and find this bloody thing. I'll let you know if (sorry when) I find it.

Hi everyone I’m new to you all so hello I have a elddis 105 majestic when I put on the hot water it drips I had it checked under warranty and marquis tell me they replaced the seal on the top it still drips when hot and they now tell me it drips like a air con unit has anyone else got a elddis and do yours drip ? Is this normal ? Thanks Dave

Welcome to the website.

Did you buy your van from a dealer, or a proud owner, Sophie.
Why not ask them..?

Hi everyone I’m new to you all so hello I have a elddis 105 majestic when I put on the hot water it drips I had it checked under warranty and marquis tell me they replaced the seal on the top it still drips when hot and they now tell me it drips like a air con unit has anyone else got a elddis and do yours drip ? Is this normal ? Thanks Dave
You need to tell us what hot water heater you have. But, it’s not normal for a water boiler to drip unless there is a pressure build up then the release valve will operate and a spurt of water will be released, but this wont happen often. A water boiler is nothing like an aircon unit, I suggest Marquis are spinning you a yarn because they don’t know how to fix it or can’t be bothered.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back