Condensation

Tidzaken

Noticed a wet patch on the ground under the van and traced it to a water drip from the floor which has started to go rotten in the corner. It appears to be coming from an area just behind the cab where the main body of the van is attached.
There is a cavity which has been utilised to run cables etc and the inside is wet with condensation. Think I can tackle the floor repair OK, but wondered if anyone had ideas about eliminating the condensation. I had thought to fill the cavity with loose fill insulation.

I would have a look around for something a little more sinister, like a track of water from a pipe or water tracing from the exterior of the van. The patch of damp could be because it's a low point on the floor of the van.
I don't want to spread gloom as it may be as you suspect damp but it it's always best to check.

May be useful to add make , model and year of camper

And include some photos of area that is wet

I would second Lee In that you need to make sure you have not got a leak and that water isn’t getting into camper though a seam or around a fixture like a window or vent

Think you should do the water test starting from the roof down sections at a time one on the hose another inside watching /listening

Thanks for the replies.
It’s a 2003 Burstner A747.
Pretty certain it’s not a pipe leaking, will try the hose test for dodgy seams. Only seems to occur when cold outside and heating on inside. Probably been doing it for years hence the rotting wood.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back