Confusing signs

I would say you can’t park from 1st March until 1st November during the hours shown, pleade blonde Annie :)

I’m pleading bad signage and the fact that two wardens told me different dates.?
That’s just how I would have it Annie. It’s well worth going for confusing because it should display a start and end date so it not ambiguous. Posts on here have shown people have different takes on it so no matter who is ‘right’ it isn’t clear and it should be.

Worse case like you say it’s cheap camping in a spot you wanted but you should win this one (y)

Further to my last post, with regret I've found provision for the arrow in that sign: it's mandated at TSRGD 2016, Regulation 3, Schedule 4, Part 2, Para 7. So the sign would appear to be in accordance with TSRGD. However, there remains the ambiguity and the recommendation in the TSRGD manual (Page 8, para 1.27), which states: "All proposed assemblies should be critically examined to ensure that the intended messages are clear. Ambiguity may result in difficulty enforcing a traffic regulation order." While it's up to the appeal board to determine whether the ambiguity is sufficient to make the associated TRO unenforceable during October, the fact that forum members have given different interpretations, together with all the examples in the TSRGD manual having dates pinned down to the day might be enough. Good luck.

How do you demonstrate that parking a vehicle is necessary rather than convenient? I presume it means for loading or unloading purposes?

The council letter states:

I wonder why they're placing new signage if the existing is/was correct? ...
Probably take the ambiguity out and state exact dates, that was Annie’s defence here. Annie did you have you blue badge on display? I know they don’t count for loading bays if marked on kerb but wondered if that’s what they meant by displaying necessity?

Probably take the ambiguity out and state exact dates, that was Annie’s defence here. Annie did you have you blue badge on display? I know they don’t count for loading bays if marked on kerb but wondered if that’s what they meant by displaying necessity?
I had my blue badge but they do not recognise a blue badge not issued by local council and it was not a loading bay it was a road with a single white line and no kerb lines.

There is only one blue badge isn’t there Annie? I thought it was supposed to be national acceptance part from a couple of city’s? You in DDMC, well it’s not called that now but can’t think of new name, may be worth letting them know they don’t recognise blue badge ans see if they pick up on it

Well you are both confirming what I thought and what a traffic warden told us last week when we were here with Colin however yesterday I had a Southend on Sea penalty notice on my van yesterday but I am challenging it as it’s confusing and should say inc on the sign and if I fail then £35 for 5 nights camping not bad it’s actually cheaper than going to some meets ??
keep us informed of your appeal ?

I had my blue badge but they do not recognise a blue badge not issued by local council and it was not a loading bay it was a road with a single white line and no kerb lines.
they wont recognise the blue badge as the sign is for urban clearway, parking here between the dates will get you a ticket and possibly towed away .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back