Conversion to Gas-It

Ours was fitted to the door. I queried this at handover and was told that it was their normal practice as long as there was plenty room for the filler hose to flex safely inside the locker.

Following up from a fellow (very knowledgeable and helpful) motorhoming.com buddy. I am converting my Calor gas supply to Gas-It supply and I have a question.
Where would you mount the intake valve?

I have a purpose built manufacturers box fitted and a really decent vent to the bottom, where I don't really wish to start drilling or making large holes in the panels unless I really have to.

Would it be logical to just mount the intake on the cabinet door or on the skirt underneath or to the side? Would you use the round or square mount?

Also, has anyone got a visual plan of the basic set-up?

View attachment 55070View attachment 55071View attachment 55072View attachment 55073View attachment 55074View attachment 55075
I have a Gaslow system & mounted my filler to a wall inside the gas cabinet, I have to open the locker door when filling & have only had one operator refusing to let me fill (LeClerc supermarket on France), everyone else seems happy to take my money. I found the Gaslow brochure pretty helpful.

Mine is fitted in the Gas cupboard but securely on the floor.
So the hoses do not need to flex.
So I open the gas door but to plug in.
Some do not like this but for me there was little option.
Never been refused autogas !
In Portugal, a few years ago, I WOULD have been refused filling up if my socket had been inside. I was only allowed to fill as my socket was outside.

The last van we had, I fitted the system myself. The filler is in-line with the water filling socket, at the rear. Minimum visual impact. I bought a water filler cover and adapted it to cover the LPG socket. Very neat. Our new van was fitted with a Gaslow system when bought, as dealer fitment came to the same price as me fitting it! Afterwards, I have bought and fitted a cover, like the photos of the last van. Good height for fitting with zero visual impact.

DSC00539.JPGDSC00543.JPG

In Portugal, a few years ago, I WOULD have been refused filling up if my socket had been inside. I was only allowed to fill as my socket was outside.
Yes I appreciate there maybe a problem.
But if the operator looks they will see it is a proper fillingpoint securely mounted.
And seeing the route to the tanks and the Gasit label they should know it has the 80% limit !
But as you say !

Yes I appreciate there maybe a problem.
But if the operator looks they will see it is a proper fillingpoint securely mounted.
And seeing the route to the tanks and the Gasit label they should know it has the 80% limit !
But as you say !
But is the operator sufficiently knowledgeable to understand what they are seeing or are they simply operating in accordance with a simplistic head office directive?

But is the operator sufficiently knowledgeable to understand what they are seeing or are they simply operating in accordance with a simplistic head office directive?
I agree. They will probably have been told not to allow the filling of gas bottles and they probably haven’t got a clue which ones are safe. If you have an external filler then it is easy to say it is a fixed installation and they probably won’t ask anyway.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back