Coolant level dash light

Lefty107

Hi all
My coolant level light come on at random. It has been doing it for a few weeks. I keep checking water level in tank which is fine and temperature normal when driving. I thought I would give it a clean but have nothing in the header tank. Does anyone know where I can find it on my old 2.8 1999 fiat Ducato Hobby 600
Thanks

Does it only report level or does it report pressure?
link
Very good question. It's a picture of a tank on the dash with wiggly liners underneath. Thought it was level but expected some float in the header tank . May have to consult a manual to find out.

Did you click on 'link'. If the level is correct I would suspect pressure. Maybe water pump is loosing efficiency.

Did you click on 'link'. If the level is correct I would suspect pressure. Maybe water pump is loosing efficiency.
Have now thanks. Just ran. About 50 miles no light from start up or at all. Will have a rummage under the bonnet once the ice has gone. Thanks. Is there anyway of checking water pump.

Probably a few you tube videos.
But I would say a good indie garage would be able to check pump and sensor.
Does your van have a timing belt and if so, when is it due a change?

Probably a few you tube videos.
But I would say a good indie garage would be able to check pump and sensor.
Does your van have a timing belt and if so, when is it due a change?
Thanks for help all useful.,😁

You didn't say which base vehicle. Mine is on a Mercedes Sprinter and that warning light came on years ago.

The light indicates a low coolant level, which it detects using a magnetic sensor detecting a magnet on a float inside the radiator.

The wiring is fine and the magnetic sensor is working, but it appears that the float inside the radiator has either jammed or sunk.

Not wanting to have a warning light on in the dash, and not wanting to replace a perfectly good radiator, I simply disconnected the lead to the level sensor.

Perhaps that would work for you?

Sounds sensible. I have just located a manual for my old fiat Ducato 2.8 idtd so should tell me what it is hopefully where I can find the other ends thanks all for your help.😁👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back