Copies of Doc’s

Trotter

Going on from Annie’s, In case I forget list.
I do know that I have to take my original documents. As for copies, what about Photos of documents on my iPad or iPhone, would they be okay for French and Spanish authorities. Or must I take photostats.
Surly the authorities would have a phone or something to take an image of the original. For instance, how many copies would you need to take? How many times are you going to be stopped?

I keep originals with us whilst travelling..
EG DVLA
Most of the others (eg insurance Cert) are downloaded pdfs so copies on T'internet/tablet/laptop
in 6 years only stopped once (in Sicily) a routine stop and we were on our way after 2 mins..
I keep an A4 folder with 10 plastic sleeves with all the obvious docs...eg insurance MOT and DVLA and indeed Paper driving licenced
Must be good if the see you are organised

I take original docs, and one printed copy of docs, but thats only a print of picture taken on phone, and keep copy online, either on cloud or just send e mail to yourself. Don't really know why I take the printed copies, habit I guess. I can only remember being stopped once in like 20+ years, pretty sure authorities want to see original documents.
The online copies are more important than printed copies I think. You still have access to them if van get nicked, burnt, etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back