Cracking Trike.

Made a bit up the road from here I think in Chorley.

wot a pile of poo, a waste of half a vdub and just as much use in traffic as a 4x4, I hate the blessed things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not VW engine though but I agree zero advantages.

hi guys . seen a lot of these in France on Aires pulled by m/h's on trailers not much peace when one of them is around having paid to park up :mad:
cheyenne

wot a pile of poo, a waste of half a vdub and just as much use in traffic as a 4x4, I hate the blessed things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see some good design engineering in that trike, look at the beautiful and skilful work on the tube framework alone , certainly not a “pile of poo”. But each to their own I guess.

Peugeot/ford engines from memory ....and even a CVT version ....

Each to their own BUT jeez that's ugly ...

Looks like someone found a skip full of scrap with a reliant Robin in it and used every single bit .
If you NEED 3 wheels fair enough ...but at least try to make it look nice,don't just keep bolting stuff on till there's no more room .

hi guys . seen a lot of these in France on Aires pulled by m/h's on trailers not much peace when one of them is around having paid to park up :mad:
cheyenne
You may be thinking of quad bike, I have seen a handful on aires during our travels, owners start them up and leave for the day, return, load back on trailer, and that is it, no more noise than you would have with MH's entering and leaving.

Peugeot/ford engines from memory ....and even a CVT version ....

Each to their own BUT jeez that's ugly ...

Looks like someone found a skip full of scrap with a reliant Robin in it and used every single bit .
If you NEED 3 wheels fair enough ...but at least try to make it look nice,don't just keep bolting stuff on till there's no more room .
The Trike is the Trotter Trading motor reincarnated.
1685530579463.png

Last edited:
ID always worry about a foot dropping of the peg and getting caught under the bars, id fit an alloy plate if it were mine.

Unless you have baby feets Trev it can't happen the leg/ankle would hit the bars first.

Fecking hell it's a bleeding griller on a bike.

Got any more pics?

Err, the trike not the mahunkey :D :D

1686058341807.gif

Last edited:
They do look mega comfy, does it have reverse, how's it done?

They do look mega comfy, does it have reverse, how's it done?
It’s got a 4 speed gearbox with reverse using the engine, ( some trikes use the starter motor for reverse).
It’s very comfortable and like sitting in an armchair for the passenger. Did bring it to a Motorhomer rally at Stratford upon Avon and quite a few members had a ride on it.

I used to be a member of HDRCGB shipley and the treasurer Don Frear had a Harley trike home made out of a sportster, he had back & neck trouble but he went all over on that thing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back