Craft skills meet

Linda

Rally Organiser

It was suggested recently that, as there are so many talented crafters amongst our members, we should organise a meet specifically for 'show and tell' with the opportunity to share ideas and learn new skills.

At the moment I am knitting squares for Nimmo's blankets, making a knitted throw and sewing bunting for a party. I also make greeting cards and other paper crafts. Lee enjoys painting mainly land and sea scapes.

Is anyone interested (subject to venue and date)????

Hi Linda, any chance of a late September early October meet? That would fill a gap in the rallies calendar, as for a venue we would need somewhere with a hall, or cafe we could use,
Just thinking out loud,
Moffat green frog, congleton glebe farm (bit rustic),
Hereford rowing club,
Whitewall &reepham railway ?
Depending how many vans we get, or a large gazebo/marquee
Andy

Dates we are thinking of are last 2 weekends in September or 19th Oct.
Been thinking about possible venues - the scout centre near Oxford would be ideal as we can use the building. It’s somewhere we know well as both our son and daughter are Leaders there.

Ooh ooh. If it is the first weekend you mention and not too far North ... we MAY make it. Gotta get to Crete by 13.10!!!

Unfortunately the scout centre is not available for these dates. I will check again ....

Hi Linda, Mandie has said that she is up for this. Good luck with finding a venue.
Cheers.
David

I'm interested (depending on dates). Do a bit of VERY amateur wood carving and always love learning about other peoples' amazing craft skills

To get this off the ground Baz has suggested we get together at the Hereford meet at the end of August. We will be able to work in the Rowing Club.

Let me know if you are interested.
Will dogs be allowed inside the Rowing Club?

No interest what so ever BUT Christine has.

Think mi crumpets are ready with Honey mmm mmmm

To get this off the ground Baz has suggested we get together at the Hereford meet at the end of August. We will be able to work in the Rowing Club.

Let me know if you are interested.
please put us down as angela does knitting and very interested

It was suggested recently that, as there are so many talented crafters amongst our members, we should organise a meet specifically for 'show and tell' with the opportunity to share ideas and learn new skills.

At the moment I am knitting squares for Nimmo's blankets, making a knitted throw and sewing bunting for a party. I also make greeting cards and other paper crafts. Lee enjoys painting mainly land and sea scapes.

Is anyone interested (subject to venue and date)????

We have a friend who is reducing the stock in her online craft business and we have ended up with a whole load of tapestry frames and wool's, embroidery rings, storage boxes with tabs for embroiderers, in fact loads of stuff, so if any of you folks can use it do get in touch, it's all for nowt (as per usual with us) we are going to be at the Burtonwood meet in a couple of weeks so will bring a selection of this with us. We do ask that you drop a donation into your favourite charity tin or ours, Help For Heroes. So you needle working folks, pm me with your needs and if we've got it, 'tis yours

I forgot to add, there's a whole load of daylight bulbs too, mostly the ES type plus patterns and projects too

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back