Crumbling carpets fix

Yes I meant the Backing which was breaking up (causing sand like Deposits over the Floor )was sealed by the Latex making it nearly new .The pile was fine.
hi burge. i know i was just pulling your leg no harm done , yes we had the same on our 3 year old swift & talking about the pile the carpets they put in m/h's ARE a pile of shyt especially if you walk on them 6 months of the year . Cheyanne

As others have already said, when I take on a new van, I roll up the carpets, bag them, put them up in the loft, and buy cheap offcuts from a carpet shop. It's fine for us.

As an aside, I always put throws over seats and bench seats too. I must be a nightmare to live with. 😳

As others have already said, when I take on a new van, I roll up the carpets, bag them, put them up in the loft, and buy cheap offcuts from a carpet shop. It's fine for us.

As an aside, I always put throws over seats and bench seats too. I must be a nightmare to live with. 😳
As for throws we do it too 👍

hi. we are in our mid seventies how long do they have to stay up in the loft . :unsure: its like saving our money for a rainy day how many rainy days have we got left 😭. cheyenne

Nice when you sell on for new Owners to see hardly used carpets....we just had our new Van (2020 m/y) and carpets were taped up in the Wardrobe hardly used.

hi. we are in our mid seventies how long do they have to stay up in the loft . :unsure: its like saving our money for a rainy day how many rainy days have we got left 😭. cheyenne
One of us is in our mid seventies, and the other has recently turned eighty.

My feelings are exactly as Burge expressed so well. When we change our van, no matter when we choose to do it, it's all about first impressions, because they are so important in life.

Nice when you sell on for new Owners to see hardly used carpets....we just had our new Van (2020 m/y) and carpets were taped up in the Wardrobe hardly used.
hi burge . we have had 7 m/h's 4 was new & we have had to change all the carpets because manufactures DONT put good carpets in m/h's . & as for your carpets in the wardrobe give them 3 years of using the m/h 6 months of the year & lets see how good they are . but to use your m/h that much you have to be retired . cheyenne

Thanks for this tip! After applying 2 coats of the latex, can the carpets still be rolled up for storage? Or will the latex make them too rigid?

Thanks for this tip! After applying 2 coats of the latex, can the carpets still be rolled up for storage? Or will the latex make them too rigid?
Yes as said above , they are like new when done , great Tip saved us from forking out on new Carpets on our last Van .

hi guys been today to stafford have the removeable carpets fitted which he took a template 4 weeks ago .
£460 with 2 for the toilet & 2 throwdown matts . cheyenne

DSC02912.JPGDSC02914.JPGDSC02915.JPGDSC02922.JPGDSC02919.JPGDSC02916.JPG

hi guys been today to stafford have the removeable carpets fitted which he took a template 4 weeks ago .
£460 with 2 for the toilet & 2 throwdown matts . cheyenne
£10.20 (including postage) for 1 litre of liquid latex. :)

£10.20 (including postage) for 1 litre of liquid latex. :)
hi guys . very nice i am sure but isn't that just glossing under to look at old carpets :unsure: . i suppose you pay's your money & take your chance cheyenne

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back