Crumbling carpets fix

Had a go yesterday, mine must be little worse had to order 1 ltr more for second coat on both mats, I am very impressed with the results so far.

I remember something from when I was little kid that my mother used, I liked playing with it on my hands, but can't recall what it was called.

Yes Allan it was that very thing, thank you.

I wish I'd thought of that. I didn't know such a stuff existed..

When we changed our van last year I thew out a couple of over mats because they were crumbly underneath. I'll know in future.
Hmmmm, used it a few times for those special Saturday nights 🤭

Is that a youthemism ???

I stored carpets ages ago and fitted fatigue type flooring which is cheap as chips from Costco. Soft on the hoof and warm too. D360EA59-DD60-41D8-B620-BD8329EBBA6E.jpeg

Well after two coats & 2Ltrs later I hope this does the trick , they do seem a lot firmer too, thanks again for a great tip Vanterrier here's a couple of pics, Chris.

20221006_143616.jpg20221006_155321.jpg20221006_155333.jpg

The fitted carpets in my van were crusty and crumbling and the backing was leaving sandy dust all over the floor. The upper side of the carpets are good so did not want to pay out for replacements.
I bought a litre of liquid latex on eBay for a Tenner and gave the backs of each carpet or mat two coats and the crumbling has now been stopped.

It's an easy and cheap fix and well worth the effort.

K ;)
hi guys . our m/h is coming up to 4 years old & the same thing has happened to ours so is how i fixed them .cut them up & they went in the bin plus why do m/h manufactures always put light color carpets in because you only have to look at them & they get dirty . we have had 4 new m/h's & all needed changing as we tour 6 months of the year . this time we are using a new guy we haven't used before in Stafford & we was given good recommendation for their work . Cheyanne

I think possibly the best idea would be to pack them up into the loft in a plastic bag and just buy some runners from Dunelm etc.

Cheap as chips and just replace if needed, our carpets are poss 15 years old and looking a bit grubby now I've gently pressure washed them twice and they get vacuumed often but as said why light colours, dark grey would be my choice

I think possibly the best idea would be to pack them up into the loft in a plastic bag and just buy some runners from Dunelm etc.

Cheap as chips and just replace if needed, our carpets are poss 15 years old and looking a bit grubby now I've gently pressure washed them twice and they get vacuumed often but as said why light colours, dark grey would be my choice

hi. thats the problem after a few clean with the vax's machine they are only fit for the bin plus autotrial or swift are shyt carpets anyway you wouldn't have them in your house so not in the m/h . Cheyanne

I suppose for most of us they are good enough if only using the van for two weeks a year on site with a mat outside and shoes off, but if wild camping best to take them out.

I suppose for most of us they are good enough if only using the van for two weeks a year on site with a mat outside and shoes off, but if wild camping best to take them out.
hi. its horses for courses suppose we use our m/h 6 months of the year being retired . ours have always been removable but only take them out for cleaning the floor cant stand walking on a floor without carpets with bare feet . Cheyanne

Try slippers.

Like others on here, we’ve replaced the supplied fitted carpets with Dunelm runners. They can go in the washing machine when we get home.

hi guys . our m/h is coming up to 4 years old & the same thing has happened to ours so is how i fixed them .cut them up & they went in the bin plus why do m/h manufactures always put light color carpets in because you only have to look at them & they get dirty . we have had 4 new m/h's & all needed changing as we tour 6 months of the year . this time we are using a new guy we haven't used before in Stafford & we was given good recommendation for their work . Cheyanne
Great tip this was this off Vanterrier I gave my old Van Carpets a couple of coats of Latex , sorted the crumbling problem & when dry they look like new underneath.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back