Dalton Arms Public House , Glasson dock , Lancaster , May 10th , 11th , 12th 2019

Dalton Arms Public House , Glasson dock , Lancaster , May 10th , 11th , 12th 2019
Posted by Lorraine
The Dalton arms . Glasson Dock
Friday, May 10, 2019 - 10:00 AM
Until: Sunday, May 12, 2019 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Hi Lorraine, won,t be able to make this one, sorry. Hope someone can fill the gap. Regards Steve
Thanks for letting me know, see u soon

Jeff
Is there any fishing in the dock and does anyone have any info on tackle/species/best baits etc.?
Cheers, Jim.

There is fishing in the Marina lagoon, mainly Pike I believe, don't know about license though.

Jeff
Is there any fishing in the dock and does anyone have any info on tackle/species/best baits etc.?
Cheers, Jim.
Hi Dave meduck hear plenty of fish carpet1000s pike verry big purch and others happy fishing I mite have a go again last I caught a cold

Thanks for the info. I found loads of old stuff online but it all refers to sea fishing at the end of the dock near some steps for flounders etc. Obviously no pike and other coarse fish there. I always carry sea and freshwater gear in the MH but I,m a bit confused as to what bait is needed. Mackerel covers both but maggots are no good in the sea and ragworm is no good in fresh.
Cheers, Jim.

Follow on
Done some more research. The basin has coarse fish and but was taken over on the sly by the pike anglers club a few years ago. You can still fish it but if you are fishing for pike you are supposed to join their club and then buy their permit on top, fishing for other coarse species is still OK without club membership and the permit. The dock is sea water and has flatfish and odds and ends. I did see a few posts stating the docks people like you to wear a hi-viz jacket when fishing.
Jim.

Thanks for the drink Gordon and yes the sun is shining , currently having our breakfast sat outside soaking up the rays . Take care buddy

Thanks to all the attendees it is a beautiful weekend and good company the refurbishment is great well planned airy & light we have just been on a walk then in the pub for dinner now chilling out for the meal later thanks again Gordon for the drink

Thanks to all the attendees it is a beautiful weekend and good company the refurbishment is great well planned airy & light we have just been on a walk then in the pub for dinner now chilling out for the meal later thanks again Gordon for the drink
My pleasure jeff ,glad the weathers kind for you guys ,enjoy.
We’re sitting at south queensferry chilling after a busy 5th birthday for the grandson

Hi Gordon it's Lorraine hope you got me some birthday cake what a great day had by all

Well were do I start , Cracking weather ,great location , FANTASTIC MEAL , and a great bunch of members . As you can gather we had a superb time , a massive thanks to all who attended and also a BIG thank you to the Dalton arms for looking after us with their 1st class hospitality . (y)

One of the best weekends I,ve had in the tin hoose. Superb area, great beer, great food, great weather, great company. Added bonuses the dog loved it and I eventually caught a fish. Thanks to Jeff and Lorraine for sorting it.
Mr and Mrs Tompa.

Good company, good weather, good food, It doesn't get any better. Thanks everyone, especially Jeff and Lorraine and the Dalton Arms for their hospitality,

Thanks everyone for a wonderful weekend. Great company, great location and even great weather. Such a shame it’s over. Thanks to Jeff and Lorraine and the Dalton arms.

What a great weekend a lovely location really enjoyed looking forward to going back everything gets ten out of ten

Attachments

• 787A2D6B-0C43-4775-86EA-884FD6CB92CD.jpeg
    787A2D6B-0C43-4775-86EA-884FD6CB92CD.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 12
  • CD527E62-8E54-4622-959E-5E495BA419FA.jpeg
    CD527E62-8E54-4622-959E-5E495BA419FA.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 14

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back