Dash Cams ?

Ha ha Dave only just spotted this, yes I do know that bit of road, dropping into Peak Forrest on the Chesterfield road. Who needs the alps in Winter when you can have some of the roads round Buxton in snow with a few wagons :)

You want to see it when it snows though vehicles abandoned everywhere lol

A couple of pics from last winter, first one is outside the house in December, I was having to go across to Macc General to see Caz in this, not good on Cat & Fiddle, second is in the village you were hading (Peak Forrest) to on 1st March
IMG_0884.jpgIMG_0084.jpg

I have had a dash cam on the motorhome for the last 4-5 years. It was not a costly one, but I have tried to find a photo on internet but it will be an old model.
It is on a continuous recording loop, start the engine and camera starts recording, for about 2.5 hours on the card and then records over the recording. It has a separate stand alone camera which could be fitted at the back of the vehicle, and can be used picture in picture on the small monitor.
thankfully never had to use the recording yet, but could probably make up a very interesting video for youtube on how to cut up and brake test a motorhome... :(
I also have one on my crash helmet for my daily commute to work on the motorbike, which I have made youtube videos.

we have one bought from halfords while in cornwall had a side to side collision.was just an accident car driver took us to court claiming for towing writing of of the car hire of another vehicle.we submitted camera evidence and photos.they claimed we were speeding and not under controll
of the vehicle at the time.camera showed up to the time of the accident didnt go over 30 mile an hour and at time of accident was doing 11 mph
and under control at all times.case was thrown out and we won the claim.camera paid for itself worth every penny. nextbase 512

Ha ha Dave only just spotted this, yes I do know that bit of road, dropping into Peak Forrest on the Chesterfield road. Who needs the alps in Winter when you can have some of the roads round Buxton in snow with a few wagons :)

You want to see it when it snows though vehicles abandoned everywhere lol

A couple of pics from last winter, first one is outside the house in December, I was having to go across to Macc General to see Caz in this, not good on Cat & Fiddle, second is in the village you were hading (Peak Forrest) to on 1st March
View attachment 40406View attachment 40407
not sure if I have driven on the Cat & Fiddle. notorious for biker accidents I understand?
I was heading to Chapel en-le-Firth to visit a friend on that drive - a few cars were sliding around and abandoned even with that snow.

I have a Nextbase with the mount stuck on the rear view mirror so that it doesn't interfere with the front blinds.

Do you have a dash cam in your van ? what type is it and how easy is it to use ? . We don't have one but with the amount of dicks on the road , perhaps it is time to invest in one
I have a nextbase 312GW in the car which saved my no claims when I was in a 4 car shunt - footage confirmed I had stopped before I was rear ended and shunted into the guy in front.
Just bought a separate wiring and mount kit for the van - it's a magnetic mount so very easy to swap

Can any of these be connected to the standard fiat ducatorear view mirror as well , as there must be as much useful evidence of what’s gone on behind just prior to incident, as in front. in a lot of cases, I am sure!!!

I bought a cheepo on from 7dayshop, I purchased it with an extra base so it fits in car and van, it does not have a viewing screen. Although I have never sent a video clip to the police it was useful when I pointed it out to another driver after a small altercation. I have been told that using them in France is banned, I not sure whether that includes the ones without a screen

Do you have a dash cam in your van ? what type is it and how easy is it to use ? . We don't have one but with the amount of dicks on the road , perhaps it is time to invest in one
i that is me, have a siskin hd dash cam, ,s,d.card not included, looks good,i like it. ok.pj

i have a sandisk ultra microsdhc--uhsl 32gb phots and full hd video3 hope it helps,pj

I have been using a Nextbase one for a few years now. It stopped working after a couple of years but it was the data card that had failed not the dash cam, replaced the card and all well. I wouldn’t consider one without gps, if you can’t prove you were driving at a sensible speed there is a good chance you will end up sharing some of the blame for an accident.

We have VIOFO A119s in cars and MH.
Occasionally format the cards on PCs and/or download a video to view as required.
Have also got two! Biggest advantages are 1, Does Not have an onboard battery, has capacitor instead (some reports of Lithium
batteries exploding during hot weather) and 2, Picture quality is so good you can actually read number plates on your recordings!
Recently learned a lesson the hard way...a neighbour parked her new car on my side of the road (on a bend) while pulling out to overtake, a Rangie took the bend wide coming towards me, just at the wrong time! I clipped my neighbours mirror with mine and smashed her glass....
It cost me £71 to have a new glass fitted. If I had had my dashcam fitted at the time, I could have easily proved my case against her parking and the Rangie! Never go out without it now....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back