deaf!

When I had a head injury three years ago I lost the hearing in my left ear, I have had tinnitus since the 70's after working in a noisy environment with no ear protection but it was worse when I was deaf as well because all I could hear is a shushing noise in my left ear and tinnitus and restricted hearing in my right ear, I attend a head trauma clinic and with their help I have been seeing the audiology department who set me up with two hearing aids, I have no tinnitus in either ear when I am wearing them and I can hear fairly good considering so a huge improvement, they told me that they cannot or not allowed to say that hearing aids help with tinnitus but most patients have told them that it does, I hope you get it sorted quickly
I have 2 hearing aids as does the co-pilot, she was told by the hearing department in her local hospital that the hearing aids would help with the Tinnitus and they do. But not when she leaves them at home!! What!!!

I just usually leave the batteries at home :LOL:
I keep spare batteries everywhere, to avoid that issue. I have forgotten my wallet on the odd occasion, that might have be deliberate, :LOL: bit awkward when I arrived in France for a couple of weeks but survived on the left over Euros from previous holiday. I couldn't afford the interest rate on a loan from the Co-Pilot:censored:

I used to get this a lot when I worked in the quarry Debs, they thought it was a combination of dust and noise to blame. In my case it was the ear blocking with wax and was sorted by a visit to see the surgery nurse to get them syringed. Wonderful when done as you can hear a pin drop :)

They don’t syringe now but use a warm water pulse that isn’t as efficient but gets there eventually. No pain involved but wax has to be softened first usually. If you warm some olive oil then put in in affected ear followed by some cotton wool it willt start to soften it. This process can result in you going even deafer in that ear as it softens and runs though but will be sorted at surgery.

This may not be what’s happened but how you described it is how it used to affect me, well apart from the hair colouring bit that is :)
I had a same problems as a child still remember the warm olive oil treatment a friend is having is ears syringe at hospital ENT next week . .

I had a same problems as a child still remember the warm olive oil treatment a friend is having is ears syringe at hospital ENT next week . .
I was in ENT to have my ears cleaned out a couple of months ago and they vacuum them out in Basingstoke, also has the same in Harley Street, the Company paid for that one.:D You can buy an ear clearing device on ebay, only a few pounds, I should have ordered one for the Co-Pilot for her Christmas present. Bit late now.:oops:

Well......I've been putting drops in my ears since Wednesday morning and lo and behold......got up this morning.....deaf in both ears:ROFLMAO:, had a shower making sure I got lots of hot water in my ears and......still deaf, got an appointment on the 9th Jan to have my ears syringed, so when I'm at the dock (Glasson) you may have to shout at me. Took the van out this morning to go shopping could not hear the engine, reminded me of when I used to drive rear engine double deck coaches to the continent, and had to drive on instruments. It's all part of life's rich tapestry.:)

Errr, maybe I should have said one ear at a time, pardon :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back