Deleted

Trotter

Deleted

Last edited:
Well that’s got me intrigued what did you want to tell us and then thought better of it.😂🤣

A request for a free used car radio

We use our battery operated digital. Sat on the spare front seat
Mrs A requires Radio 4 plus.

You old people :)

Use your phone and stream it :)
OH! Why didn't I think of that?
Could be because every time I lose a signal, I lose my program. How am I supposed to keep up with what's going on in Ambridge ?

I reckon I'll put up with streaming. The radios I've looked at on Amazon seem either cheap n nasty, or stupidly complicated.
Dan and Doris will carry on at Brookfield without me.

Last edited:
OH! Why didn't I think of that?
Could be because every time I lose a signal, I lose my program. How am I supposed to keep up with what's going on in Ambridge ?

I reckon I'll put up with streaming. The radios I've looked at on Amazon seem either cheap n nasty, or stupidly complicated.
Dan and Doris will carry on at Brookfield without me.
I used to carry a Roberts DAB radio that I got Caz when she was in hospital but I never used it. I usually steam local radio via my phone to either one of my bluetooth speakers or I use the cab radio. Not had an occasion for a long time where I have had not enough signal to do that but I am about the UK so no data worries.

Probably 50/50 split between steaming radio and apple music for me

I thought I’d need a internet signal to receive dab

I thought I’d need a internet signal to receive dab
The Robertson DAB (transistor) radio we have does not have internet connectivity Del. I had DAB in a car before I ever got one with wifi as well so you certainly don't have to have internet, some makes you may I don't know

If you have a m phone then download radio garden, any station in the world by rotating the globe and stopping on a pinpoint.
You can also bluetooth it to a radio if you have the plug in receiver.

If you have a m phone then download radio garden, any station in the world by rotating the globe and stopping on a pinpoint.
You can also bluetooth it to a radio if you have the plug in receiver.
Clever. I like it.

Sitting in ,mostly wet weather, in Hollingworth, without signal on either Vodafone or Smarty, has been a bu**er. Thank goodness for the kindle .
Not sure what’s changed, but as of last night, I’ve now got signal on both. Thus I’m able to reply to this.
I will put the DAB radio back in the van, more in hope that’s expectation. Sod’s Law dictates that I’ll have great internet from here on. I wish!
Question now is, do I try to improve the router in the van. I bought a PUK antenna a couple of years ago, to use with the Huawei 505(?) . I know it’s never helped at all with reception.
Watching YouTube, it looks like a better, by better think more expensive, router could be the answer.
Alternatively, bin the SIM cards I have, and go EE.
How I wish I understood this stuff.

Back