Dislike buying oil and filter?

I did my own last year and was surprised it all came in under £100 for 25 litres of oil,fuel/oil/air filters,I've still got around ten litres left over so even cheaper this year!

I did my own last year and was surprised it all came in under £100 for 25 litres of oil,fuel/oil/air filters,I've still got around ten litres left over so even cheaper this year!

£225 inc vat for that lot - 7 different filters and oil. I think he did me a pretty good price too. Hey ho!

And then there’s the feel good factor for knowing you’ve done it yourself and what was used. I’d rather that than hope the service department have done it right and not entrusted it to the apprentice without supervision.

£225 inc vat for that lot - 7 different filters and oil. I think he did me a pretty good price too. Hey ho!

That's more filters than I got so it's not a bad price really,I use a company called Braymarc Commercial for all my truck related parts,they seem very competitive on most things.

We tip,always fill oil filter before fitting as this will stop a dry bearing on start up.(y)

How much is a service around your way then?

I recently had a full service (not just a filter service) at the Fiat Service Centre in Swansea and it was only £300 incl VAT. Their filter service was less than £200...

Graham
smile.gif

How much is a service around your way then?

I recently had a full service (not just a filter service) at the Fiat Service Centre in Swansea and it was only £300 incl VAT. Their filter service was less than £200...

Graham
smile.gif

For what vehicle? This is a 7.5t DAF lorry.

Mines a 3litre Ducato...

Graham
smile.gif

Mines a 3litre Ducato...

Graham
smile.gif

So a little different then lol. This is 20lts of oil, stuff connected with the air brakes and adblue. As I said, 7 filters in total.

Your oil and oil filter probably only costs around 60 quid.

Furry muff...
smile.gif

I didn't realise what you were driving.

Graham
smile.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back